I Hope Nagy and Pace are Gone...

Mongo3451

On 9/15/2021 at 10:42 AM, madlithuanian said:

The problem is Nagy is addicted to the smell of his own poop.  Even when he does the right thing and sees success...like giving the play calling to Lazor last year or running Monty this past week...he can't help but reach for that fix again!  Gotta get that poop back!  Gimme my playcalling back now and we don't need to run Monday when we have a bubble screen or can run Mooney up the gut!  Trickeration!  Look at me ma!  Smartest guy in the room! 

LMAO.  

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

To be fair, the WHOLE OFFENSE has been useless to this point. He was the most productive (TD speaking) last year.  

Sorry but I have a lot of respect for David Montgomery and how he's running the ball this year.  

9 hours ago, killakrzydav said:

Y’all over rate Montgomery often. I’m not sure what y’all see

In week 1 I saw this.  Perhaps everyone runs out of a Bear hug by Aaron Donald?  So yes, I respect a man who runs hard every play, breaks tackles, and gains yards when his Oline gives him nothing.   And he doesn't quit until the final whistle.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEKrVoxLcrI

18 hours ago, killakrzydav said:

Y’all over rate Montgomery often. I’m not sure what y’all see

No one does more with less. He gets more yards after contact than before contact.  Derrick Henry? 0.8 yds less after contact, Kamara? 0.8 less, Chubb? 0.6 less. Montgomery? 0.8 more per carry. So with a common O-Line and common opponent, Montgomery gains 1.6 yds more than Henry or Kamara on every rush. He is also doing that on one of the worst offenses this league has ever seen. 

15 minutes ago, adam said:

No one does more with less. He gets more yards after contact than before contact.  Derrick Henry? 0.8 yds less after contact, Kamara? 0.8 less, Chubb? 0.6 less. Montgomery? 0.8 more per carry. So with a common O-Line and common opponent, Montgomery gains 1.6 yds more than Henry or Kamara on every rush. He is also doing that on one of the worst offenses this league has ever seen. 

Why I tuned in to watch Payton every Sunday in the late 70's early 80's.   Monty's not Payton but he gets more from less as you said than almost everyone else and fun to watch.  I hope but don't expect to see him running behind an at least average OL. Sadly it will most likely be on another team or too late. 

1 minute ago, Bill said:

Why I tuned in to watch Payton every Sunday in the late 70's early 80's.   Monty's not Payton but he gets more from less as you said than almost everyone else and fun to watch.  I hope but don't expect to see him running behind an at least average OL. Sadly it will most likely be on another team or too late. 

Just imagine if he wasn't hit by D-Linemen on every play. If he was able to get to the 2nd level before contact, he would be an All-Pro candidate annually. People also don't realize all broken tackles are not created equal. Monty has the most broken tackles against D-Linemen in the league and it's not even close.  Henry is stiff-arming Cornerbacks after a 10-yard head start before contact. 

Biggest problem with Nagy is, well Nagy!  Wish his personal mantra wasn't “be you.” Not only does it rhyme with poo, just wish it was more on the “be like”; “Sean Payton” or “Sean MacVay” or really anybody but “be you.”

Matt Nagy’s offense play calling make  former Bears OC’s Gary Crowton and John Schoop offense look like the greatest show on turf!  

Good grief Charlie Brown, how long do Bears fans have to put up with total incompetence from top to bottom with this storied franchise?

Nagy needs to go now before his rookie QB gets sacked 9 more times in his second start and he turns into “Bad Rex” before ever having a chance to be the “Good Rex!”

Former Bears WR Muhsin Muhammad was wrong, Chicago, is where QB's go to die; not WRs!

I had to turn off the game last weekend as it was just un-bearable to watch Fields get wrecked.

For as ridiculous as Nagy is, at least he ain’t Urban Meyer.  The recent ‘dancing’ controversy, 0-4 record and riding separately home from the team after the last loss.  What a mess.

https://sports.yahoo.com/urban-meyer-reportedly-continues-apology-tour-at-jaguars-team-meeting-152541268.html

8 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

For as ridiculous as Nagy is, at least he ain’t Urban Meyer.  The recent ‘dancing’ controversy, 0-4 record and riding separately home from the team after the last loss.  What a mess.

https://sports.yahoo.com/urban-meyer-reportedly-continues-apology-tour-at-jaguars-team-meeting-152541268.html

I agree with this.  Nagy is not a bad guy just not a good OC.   OTOH Meyer has lost his team:

https://news.yahoo.com/jaguars-players-yelled-grind-huddle-145355492.html

When Nagy came on the scene in 2018, coach of the yr, we won games. Then his system and stubbornness got in the way. The reason he was successful that yr is he adapted to the talent and made it work. Then his ego took over. At some point he has to realize to just make it the best team it can be and not trying to force feed schemes. A KC offence here will never happen,  just use Monty, AROB, Kmet and put them in the position to be successful. Maybe he is realizing that now, or someone told him to . Monty is gone for awhile but Williams and Hubert is ample talent to make things work. This week will define the rest of the season. I hope he's up for it.

1 hour ago, killakrzydav said:

Fields is those dudes savior just watch and see

You may be right, according to how dumb the family is regarding football.  Eventually, Nagy will want to call plays again to the detriment of the team.  I am still firm that Pace needs to go.  If Nagy can stay a sideline HC, I don't mind him. But, as previously stated, I don't believe he's humble enough to stay off the play calling.  So, he still needs to go as well...

I think Nagy was part of the playcalling today. At times it lacked rhythm.

I think Nagy thinks being un predictable on offense is the way to call plays, but i dont agree. i think you want to be somewhat predictable, so that you can calls plays off of those expectations to set up play action, draws, screens etc.

Defenses want to be unpredictable. Offenses should want to be effective, even when you know the run up the gut is coming, and tricky in calling plays off of that rhtyhm, but not simply unpredictable.

We won, but it didnt look great.

13 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

I think Nagy was part of the playcalling today. At times it lacked rhythm.

I think Nagy thinks being un predictable on offense is the way to call plays, but i dont agree. i think you want to be somewhat predictable, so that you can calls plays off of those expectations to set up play action, draws, screens etc.

Defenses want to be unpredictable. Offenses should want to be effective, even when you know the run up the gut is coming, and tricky in calling plays off of that rhtyhm, but not simply unpredictable.

We won, but it didnt look great.

Solid points. 

We got into mega-conservative mode yet again in the second half of a game.  Played "not to lose".  I don't like that.  Shows fear.

On 10/9/2021 at 5:28 AM, Stinger226 said:

When Nagy came on the scene in 2018, coach of the yr, we won games. Then his system and stubbornness got in the way. The reason he was successful that yr is he adapted to the talent and made it work. Then his ego took over. At some point he has to realize to just make it the best team it can be and not trying to force feed schemes. A KC offence here will never happen,  just use Monty, AROB, Kmet and put them in the position to be successful. Maybe he is realizing that now, or someone told him to . Monty is gone for awhile but Williams and Hubert is ample talent to make things work. This week will define the rest of the season. I hope he's up for it.

Pump the brakes, Stinger. Nagy won coach of the year because the team turned around from 5-11 to 12-4, but it was 90% because of the defense, which Nagy didn't touch.

• 1st in points
  • 3rd in yards
  • 2nd in yards per play
  • 1st in takeaways
  • 1st in INTs
  • 1st in rushing TDs allowed

That Coach of the Year award should have gone to Fangio if anyone.

Here's the rub boys and if it sounds like I'm beating a dead horse, I don't care.  Every game we win, we have to play almost perfect football.  Why?  Every game we lose, we see our deficiencies and lament about them.

Where are we weak?

DB:  We had Adrian Amos, who continues to play well, but he was replaceable. Problem is, we've never replaced him.  We had Kyle Fuller, who was our most physical corner, but because he was too expensive.  That leads to Eddie Jackson.  How do you bench him if there is no depth on the roster?  This is all on Pace.

OL:  I'm tired, so I'll let brother Jason preach.  All on Pace.

WR:  Anthony Miller is better than his two replacements, let alone Cordarrell Patterson.  Yeah, I said it.  Where is our depth at this position?  Hey, they are fast and cheap.  All on Pace.

TE:  Jimmy Graham makes 8 million a year and has zero endzone targets.  Kmet needs 10 targets per game.  Horsted needs 5.  We are no where close.  Graham is on Pace.  Nagy the rest.

QB: How often did we work the middle of the field yesterday?  There should always be someone Fields to throw to when in trouble.  He's a damn rookie, please help him.  Also, if you are going to run RPO's, it would help if he actually would choose the run part.  As a coach you have to tell him it's there and to trust the process.  Trust me, it's been there a dozen times and Fields doesn't choose it, just like Trubisky didn't choose it.  Then there's the dumbass sacks, just like Trubisky.  Those aren't rookie mistakes, as they did learn this in college.  I blame Nagy and Pace equally on this.

Overall, I see no reason why we need Pace at all anymore.  Start the search and replace him ASAP.  We are bereft of talent and depth on both sides of the ball.  Add to this, that we are already down a draft pick again next year because of Pace.  Trust me, we'll be mediocre next year as well, because you can build any quality starting units and depth in one year.  It's very disheartening knowing that we also roster one of the oldest teams in the NFL.

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

Here's the rub boys and if it sounds like I'm beating a dead horse, I don't care.  Every game we win, we have to play almost perfect football.  Why?  Every game we lose, we see our deficiencies and lament about them.

Where are we weak?

DB:  We had Adrian Amos, who continues to play well, but he was replaceable. Problem is, we've never replaced him.  We had Kyle Fuller, who was our most physical corner, but because he was too expensive.  That leads to Eddie Jackson.  How do you bench him if there is no depth on the roster?  This is all on Pace.

OL:  I'm tired, so I'll let brother Jason preach.  All on Pace.

WR:  Anthony Miller is better than his two replacements, let alone Cordarrell Patterson.  Yeah, I said it.  Where is our depth at this position?  Hey, they are fast and cheap.  All on Pace.

TE:  Jimmy Graham makes 8 million a year and has zero endzone targets.  Kmet needs 10 targets per game.  Horsted needs 5.  We are no where close.  Graham is on Pace.  Nagy the rest.

QB: How often did we work the middle of the field yesterday?  There should always be someone Fields to throw to when in trouble.  He's a damn rookie, please help him.  Also, if you are going to run RPO's, it would help if he actually would choose the run part.  As a coach you have to tell him it's there and to trust the process.  Trust me, it's been there a dozen times and Fields doesn't choose it, just like Trubisky didn't choose it.  Then there's the dumbass sacks, just like Trubisky.  Those aren't rookie mistakes, as they did learn this in college.  I blame Nagy and Pace equally on this.

Overall, I see no reason why we need Pace at all anymore.  Start the search and replace him ASAP.  We are bereft of talent and depth on both sides of the ball.  Add to this, that we are already down a draft pick again next year because of Pace.  Trust me, we'll be mediocre next year as well, because you can build any quality starting units and depth in one year.  It's very disheartening knowing that we also roster one of the oldest teams in the NFL.

We need to bang the drum of removing Nagy/Pace as often as we can.  Yeah, it's flogging a dead horse for some of us...but I will flog that horse until it's dust.  Keep speaking the truth Mongo!