Couldn't say it better

Bill

Rodgers threw for 195 yards. I could see if he torched us for 400 yards and 5 TDs, but any QB could have done what he did. Now since 2008, the Bears have failed to score 21 pts in 20 games out of the last 28 games and are now 5-23 in those games. If you ran out an average NFL QB for every game you would have won at least 20 of those games and the Packers have won 23. So to say he "owns" the Bears or the fans is a little silly when anyone could've done it over the same period of time.

The problem with the Bears is they have to be error free to beat teams. To many mistakes during drives. We only had 2 successful drives. Other drives stalled because of penalties, dropped balls, Fields holding the ball to long, missed blocks. I think a  problem is Field's is in the pocket to much. He's fearless as takes to much time doing his reads. As soon as he is pressured he needs to move out of the pocket. We need more rollouts, RPOs, and designed QB runs. We need to be Ravens offense for now.

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

The problem with the Bears is they have to be error free to beat teams. To many mistakes during drives. We only had 2 successful drives. Other drives stalled because of penalties, dropped balls, Fields holding the ball to long, missed blocks. I think a  problem is Field's is in the pocket to much. He's fearless as takes to much time doing his reads. As soon as he is pressured he needs to move out of the pocket. We need more rollouts, RPOs, and designed QB runs. We need to be Ravens offense for now.

Exactly!  everything we do looks really hard compared to other teams. 

4 hours ago, adam said:

Rodgers threw for 195 yards. I could see if he torched us for 400 yards and 5 TDs, but any QB could have done what he did. Now since 2008, the Bears have failed to score 21 pts in 20 games out of the last 28 games and are now 5-23 in those games. If you ran out an average NFL QB for every game you would have won at least 20 of those games and the Packers have won 23. So to say he "owns" the Bears or the fans is a little silly when anyone could've done it over the same period of time.

It's hard to say. Rodgers didn't even need any competitive sparks to win. If he'd been down 5 with 2 minutes to go, do you doubt he would have dug deeper and tried to win?

I think the fact that Rodgers only needs 195 yards to beat us is the more compelling way to look at this.

We showed some flashes, but we are far from putting together a complete game, win or lose.

30 minutes ago, BearFan NYC said:

I think the fact that Rodgers only needs 195 yards to beat us is the more compelling way to look at this.

We showed some flashes, but we are far from putting together a complete game, win or lose.

Indeed.

And between the play calling, clock management and officiating much of the 2nd and 3rd quarter was complete garbage.  I swear Nagy took over play-calling during that time.  

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Indeed.

And between the play calling, clock management and officiating much of the 2nd and 3rd quarter was complete garbage.  I swear Nagy took over play-calling during that time.  

I was saying that to the TV at the time.

Also, did you guys notice that GB put that Nagy goal line shovel pass play in to thumb their cheesy noses at us?

1 hour ago, BearFan NYC said:

I was saying that to the TV at the time.

Also, did you guys notice that GB put that Nagy goal line shovel pass play in to thumb their cheesy noses at us?

Watch Eddie Jackson on that play. What a joke, untouched, just jogging to the ball carrier in the end zone. Pitiful.

On 10/19/2021 at 12:14 PM, Mongo3451 said:

Shit, I'd take that all day everyday!

...and twice on Sundays.

We really do Justin a disservice by trying to make him into a pocket passer like we tried with Mitch. It's just not their style and doesn't fit their unique skills.  A Mobile QB needs the pocket to move, needs to vary the launch point.  Right now we make it easy for defenses because we keep the same launch point and D-Lines can just tee off.  What we are doing does't take advantage of his speed and the threat of run.  The game sure looked like Nagy was calling the plays, or at least is having way too much input ("everything goes through him").  They need to simplify things, and create an offensive scheme that caters to what Fields does best. To do that you have to be willing to re-think your philosophy at least in the short term, and then slowly add things in.  Baltimore should be the blueprint we try to follow or at least pattern off of.  Let your athlete be an athlete rather than make them something they are not.