Mock Drafts

adam

5 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Every mock I run has no LT prospects at 39  a few decent RTs.  Maybe a decent G but Zion in my mocks went at the end of Rd1.   I could see them take S Cine or CB Woolen/McCreary.   If Raimann is there at 39, that might be the OL.

If they go with concept of best player available, most drafts had S and CB sitting there at 39. Sometimes Rainman fell , Zion would drop a lot. With all the WRs , there has to be  one of the top 6_ sitting there. Pierce and Watson are always there . I would double down on 39 and 48 being WRs . Much cheaper developing them than buying them in FAgency.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/23/2022 at 6:48 PM, adam said:

I know we posted some in other threads, but I thought it could use its own with how many we are going to do between now at April.

Here is one I did with PFF's Mock Draft Simulator, just one trade down for a 3rd and a 5th. Still picked up Johnson (which is unlikely), but hey. 

Johnson is a no-brainer if there. Went for great value at #71 and got a great athlete to pair with Smith at LB. Moore becomes the defacto starting Slot WR. Domann is a hybrid LB-DB that can lineup almost anywhere on the defense. With so many sub packages, he would be perfect for big Nickel. Watson is the big WR we have needed, could play opposite of Mooney on the outside. Flott is 6'2" so he has good size and length for the new scheme. Elliss is a 367 lbs DT who could spell Tonga at NT. 

pff_mock_results (1).png

Have the compensatory picks been awarded ?

This mock pretty much is a no stone unturned approach. Probably a bit unrealistic but here is what multi trades could net. For the most part these guys all have incredible speed and length.  Can they ball out?  If I knew that I’d be the Bears GM lol!  

On 3/20/2022 at 8:32 PM, ASHKUM BEAR said:

We still have 25 million to buy a few of those positions but yes, we are missing some sweet picks in the 4th round.  

This, no shot the bears are done in free agency. 

Hopefully the Bills don't match on Bates and they add Brown or Fisher to play LT. That's your 2 OL pieces right there. 

Still other pieces out there as well. 

That being said, I'd have no issues trading down a bit.

Next mock, I guess I like Watsons size and speed.  Realistically they take Pierce.  Big surprise was OG Kenyon Green available but Tyler Smith has snuck into rd 1 and knocked him down.  If Petit-Frere LT makes it to RD3, he will be a steal.  Cobe  Bryant CB and Weatherford is a hybrid S/LB that could be SS or Nickle. Then Justin Ross WR round 6.  Early in his career he was projected as a possible rd 1 talent.

Screenshot_20220329-195508_Samsung Internet.jpg

2 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Next mock, I guess I like Watsons size and speed.  Realistically they take Pierce.  Big surprise was OG Kenyon Green available but Tyler Smith has snuck into rd 1 and knocked him down.  If Petit-Frere LT makes it to RD3, he will be a steal.  Cobe  Bryant CB and Weatherford is a hybrid S/LB that could be SS or Nickle. Then Justin Ross WR round 6.  Early in his career he was projected as a possible rd 1 talent.

Screenshot_20220329-195508_Samsung Internet.jpg

This would be a very good weekend for the Bears.  

On 3/16/2022 at 7:31 PM, killakrzydav said:

Any mock or actual draft should be the who's who of the SEC. 

1. Call State Fullerton 

2. Eastern Washington 

3. South Carolina 

4. LSU

5. LSU

6. Bama

7. Maryland

8. West Alabama 

9. Kansas State

10. Toledo

11. Maryland

12. Clemson 

13. Cal

14. Penn State

15. USC

16. Tulane

17. Ohio State

18. Clemson

19. Oregon State

20. Oklahoma 

I know your post isn't directly pointed at WR, but there is your top 20 receivers last year.

Only 6 from the SEC. 

I was bored and decided to look into this knowing that my top 3 WR in the league, Kupp, Adams, and Hill all went to smaller schools. 

4 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

The more I read and the more I watch tape, I don't think Watson makes it to39. In watching lots of tape on WRs in the draft. Sky Moore and George Pickens have become my favorites. They could be there at 39 and 48.

I don't see Watson getting past GB or KC in rd1. 

The Bears skipped going to watch Ohio State prospects Olave to go to Cincy to watch Alex Pierce WR instead.  

Every year I find myself cramming for the draft since I don’t have time to watch much college football.  I expect Poles to make some additional trades and stockpile draft picks.  So many intriguing players with speed in this years draft class which I made a primary focus as it aligns with Poles’ three player attribute pillars of Fast, violent and nasty!  

7 Round - 1 Team: Mock Draft

Draft Mode: Realistic

Trade Mode: Strict

Draft Order: Pre-Draft

Trade Recap
  • bears.svg
    Chicago Receives:
    • 2022: Round 2, Pick 41
    • 2022: Round 5, Pick 152
    seahawks.svg
    Seattle Receives:
    • 2022: Round 2, Pick 39
  • bears.svg
    Chicago Receives:
    • 2022: Round 2, Pick 43
    • 2022: Round 5, Pick 151
    • 2022: Round 6, Pick 213
    falcons.svg
    Atlanta Receives:
    • 2022: Round 2, Pick 41
  • bears.svg
    Chicago Receives:
    • 2022: Round 3, Pick 73
    • 2022: Round 5, Pick 159
    colts.svg
    Indianapolis Receives:
    • 2022: Round 3, Pick 71
  • bears.svg
    Chicago Receives:
    • 2022: Round 6, Pick 197
    • 2022: Round 6, Pick 198
    • 2022: Round 6, Pick 222
    • 2022: Round 7, Pick 235
    jaguars.svg
    Jacksonville Receives:
    • 2022: Round 6, Pick 186
  • bears.svg
    Chicago Receives:
    • 2022: Round 7, Pick 254
    • 2022: Round 7, Pick 255
    • 2022: Round 7, Pick 260
    • 2022: Round 7, Pick 236
    chargers.svg
    Los Angeles Receives:
  • bears.svg
    Chicago Receives:
    • 2022: Round 7, Pick 254
    • 2022: Round 7, Pick 255
    • 2022: Round 7, Pick 260
    • 2022: Round 7, Pick 236
    chargers.svg
    Los Angeles Receives:

I'm taking a swing at this with my 1.0 Mock No Trades

39. Perrion Winfrey DT Oklahoma I believe he will be the best value at that pick and he fits the 3 technique role

48 Christian Watson WR North Dakota State because its my 1.0 this may be a dream scenario but as a WR with size and speed he checks all the boxes as a good weapon for Fields

71 George Pickens WR Georgia His size makes him a replacement for A-Rob

148 Thayer Munford OG Ohio State One OG position is in question and developing is this team's new calling card

150 Matt Hankins CB Iowa Reverting back to a Cover 2 makes Hankins a good fir

186 Rasheed Walker OT Penn State No matter who the GM has been, taking a developmental OT has bee the norm with this franchise

This is my first mock and I may have 1 more in me. Last year I had the Bears taking Tevin Jenkins at 20.