Draft Day 2

AZ54

5 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Aaron Rodgers next favorite target is Christian Watson WR.  Thanks to the Vikings. 

It took DeVante Adams several years to emerge as a top WR.  I like Watson quite a bit, would have loved to have him develop in Chicago, but how fast do you think he'll adapt to the NFL from N. Dakota St.?   To me this was a bit of a reach since they are on a tight Superbowl clock with their QB.  

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got a GM...the draft didn't fall our way and so stayed the course and went BPA, and at a position of need.  

"Kyler Gordon is an exceptional athlete with explosive and dynamic movement. In the run game, he comes up hard when he is the force player in zone. He is an eager participant in the run game and does a good job as a tackler on the perimeter and in space as a core special teamer. In the passing game, he is exceptional. His outstanding agility and quickness in coverage help him stay in phase. From press alignment, he often uses bail technique and closes quickly when he can play with vision. From off man, he can get a little “nosey” with his eyes but obviously trusts his athleticism in these instances. In the NFL, he has the athleticism and hips to be a starting outside corner. However, his tackling ability, instincts, and agility also project him favorably to playing inside, giving him true inside/outside flexibility." 

30 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Poles is not tied to Fields and his goal is to build a team, not an offense.  If Gordan becomes a good player, then it was a good pick.

He said the most important jobs he has is fix the OL and get Fields playmakers. You don't do that picking D , whether they are good players or not, we need bodies on offense.

50 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

It took DeVante Adams several years to emerge as a top WR.  I like Watson quite a bit, would have loved to have him develop in Chicago, but how fast do you think he'll adapt to the NFL from N. Dakota St.?   To me this was a bit of a reach since they are on a tight Superbowl clock with their QB.  

All Rodgers needs is a WR that can get separation. Unless he has Marquez Valdez-Scantlin hands. I see him looking like Jordy Nelson catching deep balls.

We aren't finished with the draft, will sign UFA after, and will still look to sign players in FA after the draft.

Our offense improved the minute our offensive genius was fired and replaced.

I'm not about to panic. Assuming the CB and S become solid starters, I'm happy with the picks. Both were big needs.

1 minute ago, Stinger226 said:

He said the most important jobs he has is fix the OL and get Fields playmakers. You don't do that picking D , whether they are good players or not, we need bodies on offense.

He has taken two real good players that I have seen late in round 1 at times.  I want all the offensive studs too but in Poles we trust.  Just like we did with Emery and Pace. 

7 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

All Rodgers needs is a WR that can get separation. Unless he has Marquez Valdez-Scantlin hands. I see him looking like Jordy Nelson catching deep balls.

Well we have two shutdown CBs.  Rodgers doesn't need separation to complete passes he just needs to know when and where a WR will be.  The DBs will be ok now but if sitting in a Cover 2 with no pass rush it won't matter.   I should add we still have Quinn.