Fields Press Conference

adam

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

I think he has all the mental and physical tools to be a blue chip player. It just takes a little time. It seems like we have to be perfect to win but basically we just need to have more wins than fails in a game to win it. We could be 3-1 after playing lesser opponents in Hou and Giants. 

Right now he's still working through all the changes to his mechanics, both throwing and his footwork on drops.  Trubisky didn't put in anywhere close to the same work to improve his mechanics.  Plus Trubisky had a fatal flaw:  The brighter the lights (big game) the worse he played.  Fields is wired differently for the big game.  It has to all come together but he's definitely working to make that happen.  

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

I think he has all the mental and physical tools to be a blue chip player. It just takes a little time. It seems like we have to be perfect to win but basically we just need to have more wins than fails in a game to win it. We could be 3-1 after playing lesser opponents in Hou and Giants. 

Yeah, 3-1 would be a huge success for the first quarter of the season.

6 hours ago, adam said:

After watching this, I feel much better. QB1 is maturing before our eyes. Compare this to a Trubisky presser from 2019, it is night and day difference:

He is very smart, if I recall, one of the highest to score on the wonderlic.  I don't know if he will learn how to see the field faster while in the pocket but if he does, then the sky is the limit.  I watched the last two games live and it seems like he locks onto his first read. The line seems to give him time for the most part. 

Getsy needs to get the run game going, stretch the field early with a deep shot, and then have Fields run play action with quicker developing routes.  That can get their young QB to gain confidence. 

Still kinda crazy that Pace got to pick 2 QBs in the top 12 within 4 yrs of each other BEFORE he lost his job.

Once Mahomes and Watson (massages aside) starting balling (no pun intended for Watson), and Trubisky looked like a deer in the headlights, he should've been fired.