How to Jump Start the Bears Offense

AZ54

There are a couple plays I disagree with him especially the first one because that is a bad pass.  Overall the breakdown does explain a few of the bad plays but also shows some positive stuff that I didn't pick up during the game such as Fields switching the play from pass to the Herbert 50yd run.  He's still locked on some reads too long but it's still early in the season. 

2 hours ago, AZ54 said:

There are a couple plays I disagree with him especially the first one because that is a bad pass.  Overall the breakdown does explain a few of the bad plays but also shows some positive stuff that I didn't pick up during the game such as Fields switching the play from pass to the Herbert 50yd run.  He's still locked on some reads too long but it's still early in the season. 

He looks so bad cause he is trying to read so much and just so indecisive. It impacts timing and mechanics which throw off accuracy. He has to focus on playing fast and I liked his quote from this weak on focusing on getting the ball out. 

Little thing but if he becomes checkdown QB for a week or two and is decisive - I think we will see it followed up with way more chunk plays because it is just what is in his nature - but he has to get those quick wins and play with speed and tempo. 

6 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Little thing but if he becomes checkdown QB for a week or two and is decisive - I think we will see it followed up with way more chunk plays because it is just what is in his nature - but he has to get those quick wins and play with speed and tempo. 

I'd like to see some of that as well.  Make a good quick decision and then down the road we'll work on how to make a better quick decision. 

After watching the film reviews I'm not as discouraged as I was, not even for the passing offense as a whole because players can get open.  Pass protection could definitely be more consistent.  I'd guess DEs have tape on our OTs now and are attacking their weaknesses better.  A quick check of the stats shows the Giants near the bottom of the league in sacks so perhaps this week Fields gets a bit more time to settle down in the pocket and gains some confidence. 

10 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

Yes, looking at that film and analysis it wasnt as bad as i thought. This is gonna be a bumpy year - lets hope at the end we have a real QB :)

I find no peace of mind in it.  In the NFL, it's rare to have multiple people open on a route, so you gotta hit the first guy you see.  He's beating himself up by his own indecision.  The only solace I find is that the commentator shows us that Justin sees it.  That can be corrected.

I also heard on a Podcast that he is not comfortable with his new feet set. He used to be right foot back guy and they made him switch to left foot back. That is like trying to skate board or do a long jump off the opposite foot, it is not easy. So that may be contributing to his timing issues. 

2 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

I find no peace of mind in it.  In the NFL, it's rare to have multiple people open on a route, so you gotta hit the first guy you see.  He's beating himself up by his own indecision.  The only solace I find is that the commentator shows us that Justin sees it.  That can be corrected.

yup, we agree. thats the basis of my hope. Right now Fields is trash, but can he overcome the issues? Time will tell.

4 hours ago, Daventry said:

I love these coaches, feel so much more optimistic with the current regime 

Eberflus has clearly worked with many talented rookies, or young players, and really seems like he has a good sense of how to help them handle the ups and downs of the season.   He spends some 1on1 time with Gordon each week to help him too.   Both coordinators seem to echo that as well.  

Eberflus is the real deal. When the roster is right, we will be a team to watch out for.

I cant say who will be on that roster yet, but i dont think these guys are the kind to screw around with someone that isnt working out.

I think teams are going to attack the edges by watching the tape. The OTs are our weakness. The IOL blows up once in ,awhile but are more consistent. What I see on the tape is the offensive game plan is getting people open. We have a combo of outside pressure, Justin pausing to throw, dropped balls,  just a lack of consistency but more reps should correct some of these. One of these games, Justin will explode and he has a big game. I think it's heading in the right direction. We could end up being 3-1 and end up complaining about the overall look of the offense.  We have a lot of winnable games coming up. Minny and NE won't be easy but are possible. If we can keep Barkley to 100 yrs , we have a chance to beat NY. I think it comes down to TOs again.

9 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I think teams are going to attack the edges by watching the tape. The OTs are our weakness. The IOL blows up once in ,awhile but are more consistent. What I see on the tape is the offensive game plan is getting people open. We have a combo of outside pressure, Justin pausing to throw, dropped balls,  just a lack of consistency but more reps should correct some of these. One of these games, Justin will explode and he has a big game. I think it's heading in the right direction. We could end up being 3-1 and end up complaining about the overall look of the offense.  We have a lot of winnable games coming up. Minny and NE won't be easy but are possible. If we can keep Barkley to 100 yrs , we have a chance to beat NY. I think it comes down to TOs again.

3-1 is 3-1. There are also more winnable games coming up. Next week is MIN after they return from London w/o a bye. Washington looks terrible (we play them on TNF at home), we then go into NE for MNF the following week giving us a mini bye and might face Hoyer vs Jones. Then DAL who may still be without Prescott.  If the Bears can beat NYG, they can realistically be 6-2 or 5-3 after 8 games (which would match their projected win total for the season).