adam

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

Here's my pipe dream and BTW, it's realistic.

If one of top 2 QB's falls to us, we trade our 3 to Detroit for their 6 and 13.  

With our 6, we take BPA.  Trade the 13 for a late one and two to stockpile early picks.

I don't know if DET would do that, but it would be awesome. It might be different if we were #2 and they were #7 and #14, but moving from 6 to 3 would only be worth Pick 31.

5 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Parsons is the most dynamic player in the league.

Against Chicago Parson's had 2 solo tackles. 2 assists, 0 sacks, 0 INTs, 0 forced fumbles.  Don't misunderstand me because I'd take him on our team in a heartbeat but the fact is that Parson's and that entire Dallas defense could not stop Fields.  Plus I can make a good argument that Parsons has a lot more talent surrounding him on that D than Justin does on our offense.  

6 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

Against Chicago Parson's had 2 solo tackles. 2 assists, 0 sacks, 0 INTs, 0 forced fumbles.  Don't misunderstand me because I'd take him on our team in a heartbeat but the fact is that Parson's and that entire Dallas defense could not stop Fields.  Plus I can make a good argument that Parsons has a lot more talent surrounding him on that D than Justin does on our offense.  

I agree with all those statements. He is considered an elite player by NFL community, but It doesn't show up every week. People are talking about the great Jets D, we don't seem to allow the great players to go off on us, mainly that's because of Justin. So who you picking between the two?

2 hours ago, adam said:

If you can't trade down, I think you have to go with BPA, which would be Anderson correct? Top non-QB in the draft.

If he grades close to Carter, I think we need the 3T.  

If we can trade down and gain a future 1st, they need to do it.  I don't see them giving up on Fields yet, but if he is not at 3/4 or at full  potential next year, we will have two 1sts to grab another QB if needed.  If not,we might be like the Eagles holding a top 5 pick and being championship ready.

13 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

If he grades close to Carter, I think we need the 3T.  

If we can trade down and gain a future 1st, they need to do it.  I don't see them giving up on Fields yet, but if he is not at 3/4 or at full  potential next year, we will have two 1sts to grab another QB if needed.  If not,we might be like the Eagles holding a top 5 pick and being championship ready.

I agree with both points.

4 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Here's my pipe dream and BTW, it's realistic.

If one of top 2 QB's falls to us, we trade our 3 to Detroit for their 6 and 13.  

With our 6, we take BPA.  Trade the 13 for a late one and two to stockpile early picks.

Oh snap. When I did I forgot to add the early third rounder we also give them.  They see what Justin is doing and every team wants that.

2 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Oh snap. When I did I forgot to add the early third rounder we also give them.  They see what Justin is doing and every team wants that.

Very true, I didn't think about that. We can always add some other picks in to make it work.

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

How about this trade scenario? Colts give us their 1 and 2, plus Deforrest Buckner.

I could actually see the Bears doing something like what the Texans did with Osweiler. They basically took on his contract for Denver for a draft pick. So I could see the Bears both doing something like that AND getting multiple picks. 

The Colts have to be in play for a QB, they tried Rivers then Ryan and it didn't work. With the familiarity of Flus, I think they could be a possible partner. I could also see them doing something like SF did for Lance, 3 firsts and a future 3rd to go from 12 to 3. 

Atlanta could also be in play with a pick in the 10-12 range. 

Teams that need a QB are HOU, CAR, WSH, IND, NYJ, NO, DET, and ATL. Other teams may need one soon (LVR, TB, LAR).

Getting in front of CAR would be awesome, because that would allow basically any other team on this list to get their QB (if they trade with the Bears).

If we trade back , I dont think we should drop out of the top 10. The only teams needing QBs behind us that has 2 first round picks is Seattle and Detroit. Does Seattle draft a QB ? I dont know . 

Would you take Indy's first pick (14 right now) and Deforest Buckner ? 28 with 55 mil left on contract over the next 3 yrs. I would say no. 

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

If we trade back , I dont think we should drop out of the top 10. The only teams needing QBs behind us that has 2 first round picks is Seattle and Detroit. Does Seattle draft a QB ? I dont know . 

Would you take Indy's first pick (14 right now) and Deforest Buckner ? 28 with 55 mil left on contract over the next 3 yrs. I would say no. 

First off, it was Buckner, a first and a second.  Secondly, he's only due 50 mil over three seasons.  Lastly, he's a stud and we can afford it.  So yes, I'd do it...

Actually his last two yrs (23-24) would be 40 mil left on the books. (according to OTC). Arguably he is in his prime yrs. If Poles thinks the next two yrs are our shot at the playoffs with Fields cheap contract, I can see him do that. I think a shot at a difference maker that would have an inexpensive contact for the next five yrs is more what he will be looking for. If he is going to spend 20 on a DT, he has options in FA. DeRon Payne (26)  if not tagged you could get for that . A Will Anderson and Payne on the same line would be a huge upgrade. 

A lot of holes to fill, it will be interesting how he will play a low pick. He may like a player better later in the draft that may prompt him to trade back and get more capital.  

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Actually his last two yrs (23-24) would be 40 mil left on the books. (according to OTC). Arguably he is in his prime yrs. If Poles thinks the next two yrs are our shot at the playoffs with Fields cheap contract, I can see him do that. I think a shot at a difference maker that would have an inexpensive contact for the next five yrs is more what he will be looking for. If he is going to spend 20 on a DT, he has options in FA. DeRon Payne (26)  if not tagged you could get for that . A Will Anderson and Payne on the same line would be a huge upgrade. 

A lot of holes to fill, it will be interesting how he will play a low pick. He may like a player better later in the draft that may prompt him to trade back and get more capital.  

I would take his contract and give him a three year extension.  He's a rare 3 tech.  At 6'7, he's a huge presence up the middle.  Reminds me a lot of Richard Seymour.

• adam changed the title to Draft Slot Tracker (Week 12)

Our example in the league for 2 quality DTs is Jonathan Allen and Deron Payne

combined stats:   13 sacks--25 TFL--29 QB hits--36 pressures ,  I didnt look at every team but I think that is the best DT combo. 

DeForest Buckner  5.5 sacks--4 TFL-15 QB hits--19 pressures

Deron Payne            6.5 sacks--11 TFL-- 15 QB hits--17 pressures 

Deron is 25, I think he would be better to sign him than DeForest Buckner 28

There is a very long way to go in the draft evaluation process.  Well Anderson is currently listed as the consensus #1 overall prospect but when I watch entire games I see gaps in his performance that concern me.  He’s still a terrific prospect but we’re talking to 5 picks so you need a sure thing.  I don’t think Anderson will be a bust but I wonder if he’ll struggle a lot more against NFL OTs.   He is more of a Khalil Mack style in his rush than Von Miller.    This video does a good job capturing some of my concerns starting around the 5 min mark.  

There both blue chip players. When picking a player that high, they have to be pro bowlers. I see Carter doing that, but not sure about Anderson. I think he is a OLB in a 3-4 scheme. I think Myles Murphy may be a better fit. I also like Bresee as a 3 T. Maybe a WR rises to tip 5 status, I can see us doing that as a option. I would say Carter is the guy.

If the Bears pick in the top 3, you have to trade down. If they are out of the top 3, then Anderson or Carter are about as good as you are going to get there at their respective positions. Both guys also play the toughest competition and probably have the toughest practices, but there is still going to be a projection when the talent increases.

The bowl games will be telling. 

• adam changed the title to Draft Slot Tracker (thru Week 12)
37 minutes ago, adam said:

BEARS NOW WITH THE #2 PICK!!!

This is insane, CAR beat the hapless Broncos (Let's Ride!), so the Bears are the only 3-9 team (right now).

Let's GO! or stop. or whatever the right way to say it is! lol

32 minutes ago, adam said:

BEARS NOW WITH THE #2 PICK!!!

This is insane, CAR beat the hapless Broncos (Let's Ride!), so the Bears are the only 3-9 team (right now).

If they can stay at two, there will be a QB hungry team looking to make a move.  The Bears can really use that capital just to catch the teams like jets, dolphins or lions who have added many high level players the past few years.  

• adam changed the title to Draft Slot Tracker (thru Week 15)