Wk 10 Detroit Lions at Chicago Bears

AZ54

Another game with some of the worst officiating I have ever seen. This is getting absolutely ridiculous.

They are either betting on these games or something else is going on. You can't possibly call penalties on the Bears and miss the same exact thing on the Lions. 14+ point swing on penalties alone, now a tie game. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Struggling here.

In the past I've always been willing to make a deal with the devil for a Bears' victory.

Now I realize, in a year where we are evaluating for a rebuild while watching Fields grow into a franchise QB,

that every loss improves our positioning in all rounds of the draft.

For me, it's an emotional rollercoaster.

41 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Something to look forward to for sure.  Time to work on the passing game a little more now that the run action is solid.

yeah, the running game is fun as hell, and portends good things for the future, but until Fields is throwing for 300 yards a game routinely, we arent as good as we think we are. I think its coming, hope to see it soon.

36 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

And almost an INT. 

He had a good game but still missed on some plays.   Once he literally cut off Gordon from his coverage by running between him and the WR.   No need for the delayed blitz at that moment just step back and let the traffic clear.  QB threw to Gordon's man and had a big gain.  

I think the defensive coaching was poor in this game.  I know Eberflus said we needed to generate more pressure but knowing we have LBs in new positions (or rookie LB starting 2nd game) and Vildor out I don't think we should have blitzed 6 players as often as we did nor should we have blitzed that often overall.  Early on we were just giving them easy first down pickups because there were no defenders to make a tackle.  I don't mind some blitzes but IMO they should have been mixed in less often.  

3 hours ago, AZ54 said:

He had a good game but still missed on some plays.   Once he literally cut off Gordon from his coverage by running between him and the WR.   No need for the delayed blitz at that moment just step back and let the traffic clear.  QB threw to Gordon's man and had a big gain.  

I think the defensive coaching was poor in this game.  I know Eberflus said we needed to generate more pressure but knowing we have LBs in new positions (or rookie LB starting 2nd game) and Vildor out I don't think we should have blitzed 6 players as often as we did nor should we have blitzed that often overall.  Early on we were just giving them easy first down pickups because there were no defenders to make a tackle.  I don't mind some blitzes but IMO they should have been mixed in less often.  

I am not a fan of Williams or this scheme. Besides the lack of pass rush, the coverage is so soft that any QB can just play pitch and catch all day. 

11 hours ago, adam said:

I am not a fan of Williams or this scheme. Besides the lack of pass rush, the coverage is so soft that any QB can just play pitch and catch all day. 

the cover 2 scheme is sound, we just dont have the players. we have no pass rushers for one.