Bears at Jets Week 12 Official Game Thread, Mid QB Bowl Siemian vs White, SUN 12PM, FOX, NYJ -4.5, O/U 39.5

adam

With Fields injury up in the air, the Bears may have to start Siemian against a top 5 defense in the Jets. The Jets could put a QB off the street and score 20 against the Bears. I doubt the Bears muster more than a FG if Siemian starts, and probably no more than 17 if Fields does. The line is -4.5 right now but that will shoot up if Fields doesn't play. A good bet for Jets + the under.

I am saying 30-3 if Siemian starts, 27-17 if Fields starts.

There is no reason to risk the future of this franchise for one game.  Let Fields rest for a week or two and get ready for the rest of the season.  If I'm Poles I have that exact conversation with Flus just in case he gets too narrow-minded to consider what his future would look like without a good QB.  

I think it comes down to if he can play with the injury or not. If Fields thinks he can play, he's going to want to play. As they make it more clear on the injury, they will make a decision.  Actually I would like to see Siemian play in a more passing focused game. We will be able to judge the  talent in the OL and WR room . It may not be a good outcome, but maybe Claypool gets 5 or 6 catches. More throws to the RB, see a little more open game.

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

Actually I would like to see Siemian play in a more passing focused game. We will be able to judge the  talent in the OL and WR room . It may not be a good outcome, but maybe Claypool gets 5 or 6 catches. More throws to the RB, see a little more open game.

This😎👆

And some more feedback from Fields (a Twitter string).  But a summary if you’re unable to access Twitter.  Says he’ll play ‘unless he’s dead’ or potentially could worsen injury.  Confirms conversation he had the other day apologizing to defense and was stopped by Eddie Jackson mid-sentence.  

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

I believe we are going to take an ass whooping this Sunday.

Not from their offense. White hasn't played in real game since last November when he threw 4 INTs and completed 54% of his passes for 5.7 Y/A. Flacco is probably their best QB. If Siemian starts, he would still be the best starting QB on the field. 

The problem is going to be the Jets defense. 

He has a stage 1 separation and he could injury it more by playing that could put him in a position to need surgery. I think they dont let him play until after the break 14th week. Boomer Esiason had the same injury and said it was very painful as he played thru it. He said it took two weeks to heal. So rest him and get back with it in the last 4 games. As much as we have been condemning the D , it actually has played better the last two weeks. Jets O with White at QB should not be overwhelming for our D. Another low scoring close game. 17-13 Jets. 

45 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

He has a stage 1 separation and he could injury it more by playing that could put him in a position to need surgery. I think they dont let him play until after the break 14th week. Boomer Esiason had the same injury and said it was very painful as he played thru it. He said it took two weeks to heal. So rest him and get back with it in the last 4 games. As much as we have been condemning the D , it actually has played better the last two weeks. Jets O with White at QB should not be overwhelming for our D. Another low scoring close game. 17-13 Jets. 

I think they will shut him down until after the bye. That would give him a month between games. That also gives them time to work on game plan changes during the bye for the final few games. 

The defense has actually played better. Penalties, some BS ones, have not helped their cause. 

1 hour ago, adam said:

I think they will shut him down until after the bye. That would give him a month between games. That also gives them time to work on game plan changes during the bye for the final few games. 

The defense has actually played better. Penalties, some BS ones, have not helped their cause. 

According to Flus, he's cleared to play.  According to Justin, Flus left it up to him.  He should take this week off IMO.  Plus, I want his legs fresh, so he can impress the owner when he comes to town.

Fields is a tough guy but its a painful injury when your body takes shots. I think he starts and comes out early. I'm always thinking winning is important for the culture of the team, but if Siemien wins this game for us , it doesn't put us in a good spot in the draft. That would be very Bear like.

12 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

It seems like a no brainer to start Siemian. Jets crush qbs. Let fields get a week and than try to get him out there next week. 

What is pretty surprising is Siemian's last 6 games (all with Saints). He had at least 1 TD pass in every game and an 11-3 TD-INT ratio with 1 rushing TD. So 12 TDs in less than 6 full games. Not bad for a back up, and it wasn't against crappy teams, it was last year against TB, TEN, PHI, and BUF, then 2x against ATL. Even ATL had 7 wins last year. 

Not that he is going to do that against the Jets, but he is actually one of the better backups in the NFL.