Week 13 Official Game Thread (GB at CHI), 12/4, 1200PM CST, FOX, GB -1.5, O/U 42.5

adam

I am shocked the line is only GB -1.5.  They must be assuming Fields will play. We don't even know if Rodgers or Love will start. 

It will be interesting to see the injury report for both teams on Wednesday. I assume Fields is going to be another game time decision, but GB may know more about Rodgers my mid-week. 

So for right now, if Fields starts, I am going Bears 23-20 and if Siemian starts, Packers 27-17. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

They need to start integrating Velus Jones Jr. into the offense and also really make Claypool a feature going forward.  Ideally Fields is back after the bye week to be a part of that because he has a lot of work to do.  

Crazy to think that the WR Corps could look like: Claypool, Pringle, Harry, and Jones. None of them played or were on the opening day roster.

I think I have seen enough of St. Brown. 

4 minutes ago, adam said:

Crazy to think that the WR Corps could look like: Claypool, Pringle, Harry, and Jones. None of them played or were on the opening day roster.

I think I have seen enough of St. Brown. 

Pringle probably isn't very good either - but I am willing to give him at least a chance, but if we were going to prioritize - I prioritize Jones & Claypool - since they are or hopefully are part of the future. The reality is none of the others are likely on the team next year.  

18 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

I dont have a lot of faith in Jones. He is fast, but i dont think he is a football player.

Look at what Christian Watson has done in space. Jones has that "it" in space or at least has given some flashes of it. So find him the ball. He doesn't need to be and never will be an 80 reception guy - but if you can get it to him in space and get him 80-100 touches - both via air and rushing the ball - he can be dynamic as a gadget guy.  Start seeing what he can do - even if it is a limited sub set of the playbook for him.  

1 hour ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I prioritize Jones & Claypool - since they are or hopefully are part of the future. The reality is none of the others are likely on the team next year.

Going Forward with Mooney, Claypool, Pettis, St Brown and Jones is my choice.  I don't care much for Prince and Harry.  Hopefully, we can find a dynamic reciever in the draft.

Pringle is just now getting on the field and will have some games to prove his worth. I will say he had two outstanding catches in the Jets game. That was encouraging. Also they started giving Claypool some targets and I liked what I seen in D Evans, much better than Ebner. Being a third round pick, Jones is still going to get a shot to prove his value, his value may be lousy, but its been such a small sample size, he still has time. 

If I remember Cordelle Patterson didnt catch on right away and had to make several stops before he found his groove as a first round pick. At least V. Jones was only a third round if he ends up busting. 

Mooney and Claypool is a good start. They will add a high pick WR and then I think ESB, V Jones and Pringle will be brought back. 

9 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Look at what Christian Watson has done in space. Jones has that "it" in space or at least has given some flashes of it. So find him the ball. He doesn't need to be and never will be an 80 reception guy - but if you can get it to him in space and get him 80-100 touches - both via air and rushing the ball - he can be dynamic as a gadget guy.  Start seeing what he can do - even if it is a limited sub set of the playbook for him.  

That is the role I see for Velus,  4th/5th WR, occasional jet sweeps, WR screens, work out of the slot where everyone else clears out some space for him and see if he can make the first man miss, and an occasional deep route like Cohen used to get.  We know he can contribute big plays on KR.  Hopefully he can get back to being a PR in the future.  

7 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

He is absolutely a douche  but turn the volume down and is one of the great QBs of our time. I hate losing to the Packers but this one is necessary to get the 2nd pick.

I wouldn't mind a couple of late hits on him.  Not sorry for saying it either.

Edited by Mongo3451
Typo

2 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

I wouldn't a couple of late hits on him.  Not sorry for saying it either.

If Peterman starts it will be a bloodbath. Expect us to run 30+ times with Montgomery and Evans. It will not be an opportunity for the WRs to showcase themselves. 

Peace

4 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

He is absolutely a douche  but turn the volume down and is one of the great QBs of our time. I hate losing to the Packers but this one is necessary to get the 2nd pick.

Yeah - this is a must lose for the long-term.  I mean if Fields played and went off and they won 40-36, I'll live with it. I'll live with any win where Fields is playing and the offense goes ham.  What I don't want is a 13-10 win with Semien playing QB or a banged up Fields winning a game 13-10 . Its a vaccuum analysis, but getting a top few pick would be massive in accelerating the rebuild (as long as it isn't because Fields looks awful the rest of the year and/or Fields is obliterated and has long-term health issues).  

We have a potential of getting a slew of picks if we end up at #2. Right now we have 4 picks in the top 101. If we get a trade we could get an extra 2 or 3 picks in the top 101 and a low one next yr. Either way we get several top end talent. I prefer to stay in the top 5 and get one of the D studs. 

I've seen enough.   We have our future QB.  This game was perfectly played for 3 quarters and then we just did enough at the end to retain the higher draft pick.  Some young DBs really surprised me with how well they played.  I was expecting a lot of breakdowns and while there were a few at the end they forced GB into multiple 4th down plays throughout the game.  Might be far more depth here than expected going into the offseason.   Hicks gave up a TD by hesitating and not closing on the ball to Watson.  With more experience and he might be able to time that better because there was no reason he couldn't have defended that pass.    

Oline was poor today and the Dline was worse.  Rodgers had all day to throw.  These are all pieces we know about so I don't think there were any surprises to the negative side.