I'm Worried About Winning

BearFan PHX

On 12/14/2022 at 11:57 AM, BearFan PHX said:

I'm worried about winning,

Even with our depleted roster, you can feel this team getting stronger. Pretty soon those bad 4th quarter play calls aren't going to be enough to hold back this team and keep them from beating someone. Probably the Lions and/or the Vikings. But with Fields being such a hero, cant you see some kind of miracle against the Eagles or the Bills?

I am thrilled at the growth and cant wait to see what Fields and this staff can do with a proper roster.

But I want that #2 pick. It means so much more than the #5 in terms of getting Jalen Carter, or some really sweet bundle of first round picks, the kind we used to be on the giving side of.

It's hard not to want the team to win. Of course it's because I want them to WIN in the larger context, so it's not disloyal or anything. But still, I am actually worried they are gonna bust out too soon.

Four more games and then our future can start.

Thoughts?

Has being a Bears fan come down to worried about winning.  Or what ever its called when a team works to improve their draft.  I never played college sports etc.  But I have always thought that winnings is learned just like losing.  

I dont think there is a culture of losing on this team right now. I think we see people buying into the HITS philosophy. We are definitely playing harder than Ive seen us play in a while, and yet we somehow manage to barely lose and keep that high pick alive. Whatever that formula is, i like it. And I hope to NEVER be here again in the future.

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

Has being a Bears fan come down to worried about winning.  Or what ever its called when a team works to improve their draft.  I never played college sports etc.  But I have always thought that winnings is learned just like losing.  

I agree with you, look at the most successful teams, NE, Pittsburgh, KC, they develop a winning climate. That's why I will say if they win their last 4 games that wouldn't be  a bad thing. The successful teams pick last anyway, they still win. BUT I still want a tip 5 pick.

Having the second pick is just a pipe dream, chances of it happening are higher, but I can see us lose the next 3 and then beat Minny, not the strongest team in the league. They were recently the underdog against Detroit as a 10-2 team. If we end up in top 5 , I would be happy. Carter and Anderson may be gone but we take the next best player. Murphy. Paris Johnson, Quentin Johnston. Or the best scenario to trade back. I would hate to trade back with Carter or Anderson on the board.

There is still a lot of parity in the league and I don't think teams purposely tank. The issue is when losing seeps into the culture, or bad habits that contribute to losing become the norm. That is when it is bad. I don't think the Bears are in that situation.