Swifty

Stinger226

8 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Pixote gets airtime in each video.  I like his content although I don’t always agree with every assessment.  He’s  willing to put his opinion out there and many of those videos take a lot of work to put together.  

I do subscribe to his page. I love Bears' Kool aide. He always serves up a tasty blend for a thirsty Bears' fan. 

He does reach on occasion. I laughed when he showed how great Edmunds was at shedding blocks. As an example he used a game Edmunds played against the Bears last year. He easily shed a block (if you call it that) by Riley Reiff. Geez, Reiff made everyone he went against look great.

51 minutes ago, Pixote said:

I do subscribe to his page. I love Bears' Kool aide. He always serves up a tasty blend for a thirsty Bears' fan. 

He does reach on occasion. I laughed when he showed how great Edmunds was at shedding blocks. As an example he used a game Edmunds played against the Bears last year. He easily shed a block (if you call it that) by Riley Reiff. Geez, Reiff made everyone he went against look great.

Glad you mentioned that, it was one of the kool-aid plays I thought about when I typed that statement.  A lot of defenders looked good against our blocking last year.  

You can backup any argument you want with selected tape. I will have to say Edmunds is going to be very good in this defense. If we got no one else to play in the DB backfield, we are going to be a better pass defense with two new LBers that do that well. We got killed on some of those routs that will now be challenged. If we can get two above average draft picks in the DL, this defense will be much better. 

I got a feeling our first pick will be OL so we will have to have some luck to get two plus DL. I hope he does.

I appreciate the optimistic Bears' fans, because it's difficult to have that demeanor with the history. That's definitely not me, but a glimpse of it shines through every year during the draft when I think, "Maybe this is the year the front office does what makes the most conventional sense instead of trying to prove they're the smartest guy in the NFL."

On 4/1/2023 at 12:47 AM, jason said:

I appreciate the optimistic Bears' fans, because it's difficult to have that demeanor with the history. That's definitely not me, but a glimpse of it shines through every year during the draft when I think, "Maybe this is the year the front office does what makes the most conventional sense instead of trying to prove they're the smartest guy in the NFL."

That's what I love about Poles so far.  He's humble, yet assertive.  He's also very anchored in a way that gives him conviction and discipline.  The fact that he has a distinct process gives me confidence that he won't have any of the "dumbass attacks" that Pace had.  If Fields pans out we're gonna start a really good run in 2024...

On 4/1/2023 at 11:10 AM, Mongo3451 said:

That's what live about Poles so far.  He's humble, yet assertive.  He's also very anchored in a way that gives him conviction and discipline.  The fact that he has a distinct process gives me confidence that he won't have any of the "dumbass attacks" that Pace had.  If Fields pans out we're gonna start a really good run in 2024...

So far I like him, too, but it was not just Pace. He had the moronic 2017 Draft where he mortgaged the future for Trubisky, ignored the obvious choice in Deshaun Watson, who had obviously better everything, and also missed on a generational talent in Mahomes, but he also whiffed big on Kevin White. All of that makes it easy to forget about Emery, who made the Shea McClellin, "WTF was that"-pick that absolutely reeked of smarter-than-conventional-wisdom-and-everyone-else bravado.