Dane Brugler's Top 100

adam

He releases his full list "The Beast" in the next week or so, but here is his top 100:

https://theathletic.com/4307966/2023/03/29/nfl-draft-2023-prospect-rankings-board/

I really like his assessments. If you have access, each player has a write up.

His top 10 is:

Anderson, Young, Carter, Gonzalez, Stroud, Skoronski, Robinson, Wilson, Witherspoon, and Van Ness. Obviously that won't be the draft, order, so the Bears will have an opportunity to get one of those guys at #9 (or someone outside of the top 10).

In his top 50, there are 10 Edge, 7 WR, 7 CB, 5 OT, 4 TE, 4 QB, 4 DT, 3 OG, 2 LB, 2 RB, 1 OC, 1 S

So the Bears can easily get a top 50 player in 4 different positions. The way the numbers look, I think they will wait on Edge until the 2nd or 3rd round. Same with WR and CB. So they will probably go OT or DT with #9, then with the next 3 go: Edge, CB, (DT/OT), or WR. 

Van Ness in the top 10 is concerning for a guy who was backup in college.  I know the whole "Iowa" story and they play seniors first blah blah blah.  (I'm glad I chose Iowa State where the best players play)

I wonder if Van Ness isn't an ideal talent for us as a 3-tech.  His style is more physical which would serve him well inside and with his quick first step and length he should be slippery. At 275lbs, put 10lbs on him and let him loose.  I wouldn't draft him at 9 but if we trade back a bit to target 3-tech/RT with two top 40 picks.  

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

They have to catch and cook his dinner if they want serviced later...😛

Thai people are very kind, you want fresh fish and they go out their way to help you out. It's over 90  here every day in April, so they dress accordingly. No other place like it in the world. Now you know why I post so much these days, not much to do .