NFL Draft Day One thread.

ASHKUM BEAR

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the pick.  I think he's the best RT in this draft period, might even be the best OT.  We're going to run the ball on everyone with this Oline.  Not to mention the pass pro just took a huge leap forward.  I'm so glad we didn't sign McGlinchey because Wright is a big step up IMO.    

I don’t hate it. I wanted an OT and I like it better than Skoronski because I know Wright can play RT right away. But if you take a RT in the top ten he better be a great RT right away. Otherwise I might have preferred Broderick Jones who can play either. But as far the most sure thing at the exact position the Bears need, he’s hard to argue with. 

1 minute ago, AZ54 said:

Love the pick.  I think he's the best RT in this draft period, might even be the best OT.  We're going to run the ball on everyone with this Oline.  Not to mention the pass pro just took a huge leap forward.  I'm so glad we didn't sign McGlinchey because Wright is a big step up IMO.    

I agree, so this what it’s like to have a GM that actually does the smart thing.  

They clearly had no trade options and got a next year pick for free. A fourth is just draft capital. I wanted Carter but I didn't get to interview him. He may be a stud for the Eagles but they have a vet team. The key is definitely get Fields going this year, D J Moore , Tonyan, Davis, and Wright. Sounds good.

7 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

Wright was a superior pass blocker but has work to do in the running game. It's about Justin Fields.

• ASHKUM BEAR changed the title to NFL Draft Day One thread.