NFL Draft Day 2 thread

ASHKUM BEAR

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I'd love to see them get the DE from Louisville Yaya Diaby to put a seal on the D and then get a Center like Wypler or Stromberg. 

1000% agree. If he gets a DE and a C this draft is an undeniable master class.

15 minutes ago, adam said:

Edge is obviously the biggest need now but outside of that and Center, Poles filled the roster in pretty well. Maybe WR or TE? 

The Bears are rebuilding the right way.  The interior D-line has two solid pieces that will be contributing right away.  I expect the Bears to shuffle around tomorrow as that 4th round pick holds high value. 

I was confused at first - thinking Dexter was too slow off of the snap to be a 3T. Then we took Pickens, and I realized Dexter would be the nose - and that makes a lot of sense. he will rotate with and learn from free agent two gap DT Billings. Perfect.

Stevenson has some great skills, very physical, and when he sees the play he gets in great position to make plays on the ball. But the knock is he blew a lot of coverages. He will need to get coached up.

But Im loving Poles - a lot of teams have philosophies they talk about, but their player decisions dont always align with it. We are clearly picking up physical high motor HITS guys. Thats impressive. We are gonna be bullies.

14 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

I was confused at first - thinking Dexter was too slow off of the snap to be a 3T. Then we took Pickens, and I realized Dexter would be the nose - and that makes a lot of sense. he will rotate with and learn from free agent two gap DT Billings. Perfect.

Stevenson has some great skills, very physical, and when he sees the play he gets in great position to make plays on the ball. But the knock is he blew a lot of coverages. He will need to get coached up.

But Im loving Poles - a lot of teams have philosophies they talk about, but their player decisions dont always align with it. We are clearly picking up physical high motor HITS guys. Thats impressive. We are gonna be bullies.

I thought Dexter would be the 3T too, which he can since he has the motor to wreck havoc.  But he will be slotted to work at the 1T and learn from Billings.  Dexter and Pickens will grow into a nice tandem with their size and burst. 

2 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I thought Dexter would be the 3T too, which he can since he has the motor to wreck havoc.  But he will be slotted to work at the 1T and learn from Billings.  Dexter and Pickens will grow into a nice tandem with their size and burst. 

Obviously it’s a round earlier for both, but I’m getting flashback to the year they took Tommie Harris and Tank Johnson. 

22 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

yeah, great complimentary picks by Poles. Our biggest need now is Edge, but i dont think anyone left is gonna be a world beater. I figure we will sign a free agent to a one year deal (Ngakoue? Clowney? no one long term)

2 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

yeah, great complimentary picks by Poles. Our biggest need now is Edge, but i dont think anyone left is gonna be a world beater. I figure we will sign a free agent to a one year deal (Ngakoue? Clowney? no one long term)

The first pick tomorrow is going to be in high demand. I would take advantage of that and trade down to get back a low 5th or high 6th to replace the pick we traded earlier.

Peace

5 minutes ago, Connorbear said:

The first pick tomorrow is going to be in high demand. I would take advantage of that and trade down to get back a low 5th or high 6th to replace the pick we traded earlier.

Peace

yeah, we either take a Center because we believe in him, or we trade back. With Whitehair in our pocket, we can afford to miss on the center this year if we dont think hes a legitimate steal.

11 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

Let the Northwestern kid Adetomiwa Adebawore play DE.  He has a high RAS.  Might lack the length but has strength and speed and can slide over to 3T. I think he'd be a steal round 4

1 hour ago, BearFan PHX said:

Yeah - whether I would have taken the exact guys, maybe not, but I like the positions he went and how he stayed patient. 

I still want a center if they like one - a developmental qb and If they like a back take a shot at one.