NFL Draft Day 3 Thread

AZ54

Gotta start with players still on the board:   

Kelee Ringo heads the list followed by those dudes below..

If the Bears want Tomi he's there for the taking.  I think he's too similar to what we already have on the roster but don't mind at all if they take a chance on him.   Other than him there isn't really anyone else standing out at the top of this list in terms of needs so a trade back seems appropriate if we have a good offer.   

DE is the obvious critical need but at this point in the draft the talent isn't there.   Many of us have been clamoring for a new Center, myself included, but Greg Gabriel made a very good point after Rd 1 when he said with so many young and new players it's very important to have a veteran Center to lead the line.  As far as he was concerned Whitehair/Patrick is the right way to go and he was even higher on Kramer for depth too.   Makes me wonder if in fact we hold off for a year on Center?   

With those caveats it feels odd to say this but it's time to start building depth... at any position.... meaning we can literally go best available.  With that, it will be very interesting to see who Poles selects.   

image.png

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I think with the best available, bring in the NW kid. Not sure what it is, but there must be dirt on him for him still available.  I had him as a 2nd rounder. Take him with that first pick unless there are future 3rd involve.

AA will only fit certain D's, so not so easy to place him. I would take him, in the 4 th round, not as much risk if he fails.

Roschon Johnson RB Texas 

If he wasn't behind Bijan Robinson, he would have been more known.  I think he will be a good back.

#26 on Feldmans beast list.  Has size to break tackles, patients and vision to find the gap and quicker than expected to get through. 6' 219, so the Bears can keep pounding the ball if needed. Also a vocal leader and good culture guy. Reminds me of Montgomery.

13 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Roschon Johnson RB Texas 

If he wasn't behind Bijan Robinson, he would have been more known.  I think he will be a good back.

#26 on Feldmans beast list.  Has size to break tackles, patients and vision to find the gap and quicker than expected to get through. 6' 219, so the Bears can keep pounding the ball if needed. Also a vocal leader and good culture guy. Reminds me of Montgomery.

Sounds like he’s a great dude too. Does all the little things, leader in the locker room, will play special teams. 

10 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

Sounds like he’s a great dude too. Does all the little things, leader in the locker room, will play special teams. 

Seeing he is a steal and if he wasn't shadowed by Robinson, would've been picked much higher.  He will be a better pro than collegiate player and has low mileage. Also can play QB if needed, might be some wildcat plays made for him 

I’d I hear right that he was a QB, but voluntarily changed positions to RB when his team lost all three of their RBs?   Like this pick great value for a guy who got overshadowed by Robinson. Great character guy and a bruising hard working back. 

would like Wipler next.