NFL Draft Day 3 Thread

AZ54

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, jason said:

Would have liked to see DE and C before WR. This tells me they are moving  Whitehair to C.

Could be going bpa too.  Scott is going to be an exciting deep threat and that tells me Velus has a lot of work to do to be more than a returner. Wypler and Olu still available and DE Habakkuk Baldonaldo Pitt still available

17 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Noah Sewel LB - a stud LB, brother is LT drafted by Lions.  Had a couple injury ending seasons, but has the talent to be good.

RAS not a 9 but still decent.

Screenshot_20230429_132912_Twitter.jpg

Meh, seems like a special teams player and maybe someone to compete at SLB.   Ideally I'd like to see more upside here.    

7 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

Meh, seems like a special teams player and maybe someone to compete at SLB.   Ideally I'd like to see more upside here.    

He is depth, which is alright.  He was a  former early mock draft 1st rounder 🤣.  Put him under Eberflus who is great with LB, and he might be a surprise.  He was selected for a reason, maybe a Flus pick.

4 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

I thought Trice might have been the better fit, but I’m good with Smith. 

I good with both.  They are ST/depth upgrades for now.  2 years from now, they might be starters.  We know injuries will happen, so they might get an opportunity like Sanborn and shine.

One cog in Ryan Poles draft evaluation  that is a key is size and speed. He wants players that can move and have size.  The RAS sure looks like something they use with selections.  Will they be contenders is still a big?  Still have to address a few positions but that cannot happen all in a year without draft capital and then this.   I expect the Bears to be close, but not quite ready to take the North.  Next year with the additional 1st, they could come away with two DE talents if the choose and complete the model.   

Bearstalk.com also points this out.

https://bearstalk.com/2023-nfl-draft-relative-athletic-scores-ras-for-every-chicago-bears-draft-pick/8/

5 minutes ago, CrackerDog said:

What about a kicker with the last pick if there’s one with potential?  CS has a big cap number    We need another Butthead or Gould.  

I'd be good to bringing back Gould.  

Seen NE drafted a K and a P already.  They must not have many huge needs

30 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

First Bears draft pick I’ve never heard of before. That’s an improvement over some previous years. Seems like a PS guy. 

First player drafted from Kennisaw.  "I'm self-driven. I'm a nasty guy. I'm a hard worker. The work ethic is out the roof. ... I got a motor. Y'all should expect to see me running sideline to sideline."

51 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Round 7 on deck.

Bears have 2 selections and then UDFA. 

They will have 24 roster spots to fill after the draft.

I always like checking out the UDFAs we bring in. That's gotta be a great deal of work for the staff to pull that off.

1 hour ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Travis Bell DT

6-1 280. Kennesaw St

The unknown player is selected.  Doesn't have length, so I am stumped.

He's the same size as Kancey and AA. Maybe that's the reason they didn't take AA, they knew they were drafting this guy that fits the same mold.

28 minutes ago, ChileBear said:

I always like checking out the UDFAs we bring in. That's gotta be a great deal of work for the staff to pull that off.

Anyone know of any interesting UDFA prospects at the edge or OC positions? 😉