We need a back up QB

Wesson44

As a backup, I don't mind the concept of Tebow.

With a QB guru coaching, maybe he can harness the various great Tebow attributes and use them to accentuate flaws?

He's especially more appealing if the Bears actually to plan on putting in some read-option packages.

But he'd have to come free...no draft picks.

Jay Cutler has a lot of talent, but I'm not sure he will ever reach his potential. Also, this is the last year on his contract.

Now, don't get me wrong, Im all in on Cutler, and would LOVE to see him dominate and bring a super bowl victory to Chicago.

But Trestman knows QBs, and if he sees someone in this draft that he thinks is the man, I would not mind seeing him take that QB in the 1st round, to play behind Cutler for a year.

Since we've plugged most of our needs via short term free agency, and are free to take any player on the board, IF Trestman thinks his guy is there, I wouldn't be bothered a BIT to see him take that player with the 20th pick.

We could literally take ANY position with our first pick. Nice.

Jay Cutler has a lot of talent, but I'm not sure he will ever reach his potential. Also, this is the last year on his contract.

Now, don't get me wrong, Im all in on Cutler, and would LOVE to see him dominate and bring a super bowl victory to Chicago.

But Trestman knows QBs, and if he sees someone in this draft that he thinks is the man, I would not mind seeing him take that QB in the 1st round, to play behind Cutler for a year.

Since we've plugged most of our needs via short term free agency, and are free to take any player on the board, IF Trestman thinks his guy is there, I wouldn't be bothered a BIT to see him take that player with the 20th pick.

We could literally take ANY position with our first pick. Nice.

I'll go on the record as being absolutely 100% pissed if he goes QB with 1st rd pick

As a backup, I don't mind the concept of Tebow.

With a QB guru coaching, maybe he can harness the various great Tebow attributes and use them to accentuate flaws?

He's especially more appealing if the Bears actually to plan on putting in some read-option packages.

But he'd have to come free...no draft picks.

Agreed. But he'd have to be the clear cut #3. We would need to be very specific about his role. IMO that's where NY screwed up. They kept hinting at having a secret plan for him. Meanwhile, Dirty Sanchez sucked, Tebow was worse than the #3 QB, and there was no package.

Agreed. But he'd have to be the clear cut #3. We would need to be very specific about his role. IMO that's where NY screwed up. They kept hinting at having a secret plan for him. Meanwhile, Dirty Sanchez sucked, Tebow was worse than the #3 QB, and there was no package.

Why #3? Why not #2? I'd say what he did in Denver looked #2-worthy. I doubt Campbell would have had similar results.

From what I see in the draft, I dont want or expect a QB either. What I'm saying is that I'm not Marc Trestman.

If I'm the GM and Trestman tells me theres a QB that has what he needs to be the next legendary QB, then I think we're in a position where we COULD take him.

To my eyes, I like Cutler, but I see he has some flaws and if even Trestman can't get him to cut it out, being that this is the last year of his deal, and we didn't extend it, I'm saying, maybe they have something in mind.

I think at this point they've earned the benefit of the doubt, so whatever they do, even if it's a surprise to us, I'll be optimistic.

Can't be long before Tebows out of the league & we don't have to see these threads ever again

I will bring out the bottle of the good stuff that day. The league better off without any gators in it. Hopefully Major Wright won't be too far behind him