UDFA Signings Thread

dawhizz

From what I can gather from twitter (though it's hard to figure out), looks like so far the Bears have signed:

PJ Longergan, C, LSU

Tress Way, P, Oklahoma

Demontre Hurst, CB, Oklahoma

Brent Russell, DT, Georgia Southern

Mark Harrison, WR, Rutgers

Marcus Rucker, WR, Memphis

From what I can gather from twitter (though it's hard to figure out), looks like so far the Bears have signed:

PJ Longergan, C, LSU

Tress Way, P, Oklahoma

Brent Russell, DT, Georgia Southern

Marcus Rucker, WR, Memphis

I wanted Harrison, nice! He was training with Marshall. Big guy with some speed.

Also Josh Lenz, WR, Iowa State...He looks like an intriguing prospect.

He is one of the few guys who ran the 60-yard shuttle in under 11 seconds (doing so in 10.88 seconds). He also had 21 strength lifts. Lenz had limited production at Iowa State, but his workout numbers make him an intriguing prospect. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com

------

Rucker has a good size and speed combo as well, 6'3" ran a low 4.38.

Here is something I read about Harrison I read not long ago, this is the follow up and the original story is at the bottom. I hope he comes in here and is willing to work and doesnt act childish, even tho he is an UDFA I still expect hard work.

Mark Harrison Deadspin Piece

I'm hoping the fact that he worked out with Marshall, Bennett, Jeffry, and ERod pre draft that he built a bond with those guys and that's why they picked him up. Hopefully Marshall takes him under his wing and he matures here like Brandon has matured.

Really a big fan of this move. I believe he was on Kiper or Mayocks top 10 BPA list as early as the 6th round, and I wanted him in the 6th.

From NFL.com

Strengths

Great size, with a powerful build. Long arms. Uses his body to shield defenders from the football. Does a good job of coming back to the football. Better feet and quickness on comeback routes than you'd expect. Big-play and red-zone threat. Difficult to bring down with the ball in his hands, will run through arm tackles. Competitor. Good footwork as a blocker, extends arms, and gains proper position.

12th fastest 40, 4th highest vertical, 2nd longest arms, tied for 18th with Wilson in the shuttle, 6th in bench reps and 5th longest broad jump.

Between him, Wilson, and Joe Anderson I think one of them will break out and push Bennett for the #3 WR position.

10 right now:

Jimmy Coy, QB, St. Xavier

Michael Ford, RB, LSU

Josh Lenz, WR, Iowa St

P.J. Lonergan, C, LSU

Brent Russell , DT, Georgia Southern

Zach Minter, DT, Montana St

Tunde Bakare, LB, Kansas

Tress Way, P, Oklahoma

Am I the only one getting a hard on from these UDFAs???

Minter was a projected 6th rounder who ran a 4.78...At 300 pounds...His 40/20/10 are comparable to Shariff Floyds (I'm not saying he'll be better) and his Vert was 4" higher while he ran the shuttle .40 seconds faster.

Broke up 9 passes as a soph.

Really well put together video of him here.

PJ Lonergan also looks like a good prospect as well. 6th ranked OC, 197 overall, projected as a 6th rounder. 3 year starter in the SEC. Could give Garza some competition.

Ford was also considered a 6th round pick, 188 overall. He too was a combine warrior...

Ford put up impressive combine results measuring in at 5-9.5 210 pounds, running an unofficial 4.45 40 yard dash and bench pressing 225 pounds an impressive 25 times. He also was ranked number one at his prospective position in the broad jump with a distance of 10 ft. 10 inches, he finished third in the vertical jump with a height of 38.5 inches, he finished fourth in the 60 yard shuttle with a time of 11.43 seconds, and he also tied for fifth place in the 3 cone drill with a time of 6.87 seconds (Combine results from nfl.com). His bench press is listed as 7th best, however, 3 of the prospects he is ranked behind more than likely will be fullback candidates in the NFL not a true runningback.

Said to have bad hands though and in this offense that could be his downfall.

Bakare ran a 4.35 and looks really solid in this video.

At 5'11" he's probably too short to play LB but he looks like he could compete in the secondary.

I know we'd be lucky if 1 of these guys actually contributed and there was a reason they went undrafted but color me impressed with most of these athletes.

BTW, I'm mixing a little vodka with my kool aid so I may just be over exaggerating here in my love for these UDFAs.

Bakare ran a 4.35 and looks really solid in this video.

At 5'11" he's probably too short to play LB but he looks like he could compete in the secondary.

I know we'd be lucky if 1 of these guys actually contributed and there was a reason they went undrafted but color me impressed with most of these athletes.

BTW, I'm mixing a little vodka with my kool aid so I may just be over exaggerating here in my love for these UDFAs.

Aside from Lonergan where a lot of OCs are found the rest of the guys are long shots.

Am I the only one getting a hard on from these UDFAs???

Minter was a projected 6th rounder who ran a 4.78...At 300 pounds...His 40/20/10 are comparable to Shariff Floyds (I'm not saying he'll be better) and his Vert was 4" higher while he ran the shuttle .40 seconds faster.

Broke up 9 passes as a soph.

Really well put together video of him here.

PJ Lonergan also looks like a good prospect as well. 6th ranked OC, 197 overall, projected as a 6th rounder. 3 year starter in the SEC. Could give Garza some competition.

Ford was also considered a 6th round pick, 188 overall. He too was a combine warrior...

Said to have bad hands though and in this offense that could be his downfall.

It one of two of these players make the roster its a success.