UDFA Signings Thread

dawhizz

Remember, these guys were undrafted for a reason. If even one of them is a contributor on ST, it's a plus.

And also remember, there are a lot of UDFA's who make the pro bowl every year. When you get one of those, it's a great way to make your team suddenly a lot better out of no where.

Throw in another athlete.

C.J. Wilson CB, NC State.

03/28/2013 - 2013 North Carolina State Pro Day: North Carolina State did its pro day on March 20 indoors on a fast surface. C.J. Wilson, CB (5-11, 195) - Wilson had a 37-inch vertical, ran the 40-yard dash twice in 4.34 seconds. Wilson also marked a 10-foot-6 broad jump, a 4.19-second short shuttle, a 6.90-second three-cone drill and 17 reps at 225 pounds. He had a very good workout, but he was suspended the first four games of last year for disciplinary reasons. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com

I read on another board that he outplayed Amerson in some games.

Isn't that the poop spreader from the combine

It is.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/i...ine-sources-say

There hasn't been any conformation though since they have both denied it. Hard to disagree that all signs don't point to him and Hopkins though.

Here's a quote from his coach that I liked.

"I've been in this program (at Rutgers) for eight years, and Mark was a three-year starter," Flood said. "He's been on a lot of road trips and we've never had a single disciplinary issue with him. He's a model of the type of person we want here at Rutgers. It would be so out of character to be involved in this that I just cannot imagine under any circumstance that it would happen and involve him."

10 agreed to contract here they are: Among the players selected were:

Montana St. DT Zach Minter,

LSU RB Michael Ford,

LSU C P.J. Lonergan,

N.C. State CB Curtis Wilson,

Georgia Southern DT Brent Russell,

Oklahoma CB Demontre Hurst

, Oklahoma P Tress Way,

Rutgers WR Mark Harrison,

Memphis WR Marcus Rucker

Iowa St. WR Josh Lenz.

It will be interesting to see which WR's make the roster this year. We know Jeffery, Bennett, and Marshall will be on there. Weems, Hester, and Anderson are the question marks. Anderson showed last year that he's capable of being a big special teams contributor, so he could have an inside track to making the team. I also really like what he showed as a pass catcher in the preseason as well. I don't think you can have both Weems and Hester taking up a roster spot. At least one of them has to go. That leaves one spot left (If they choose to carry 6 WR's) for a rookie, likely either Harrison or Wilson. The other guy could end up on the taxi squad.

It will be interesting to see which WR's make the roster this year. We know Jeffery, Bennett, and Marshall will be on there. Weems, Hester, and Anderson are the question marks. Anderson showed last year that he's capable of being a big special teams contributor, so he could have an inside track to making the team. I also really like what he showed as a pass catcher in the preseason as well. I don't think you can have both Weems and Hester taking up a roster spot. At least one of them has to go. That leaves one spot left (If they choose to carry 6 WR's) for a rookie, likely either Harrison or Wilson. The other guy could end up on the taxi squad.

It sure will be be an interesting camp battle between the guys you mentioned. If Hester gets beat out by say a Lequan Lewis as the returner I would love to see both Hester and Weems cut and both Wilson and Harrison make the team

It sure will be be an interesting camp battle between the guys you mentioned. If Hester gets beat out by say a Lequan Lewis as the returner I would love to see both Hester and Weems cut and both Wilson and Harrison make the team

That would be a good thing, cut there asses for their pay.

It is.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/i...ine-sources-say

There hasn't been any conformation though since they have both denied it. Hard to disagree that all signs don't point to him and Hopkins though.

Here's a quote from his coach that I liked.

the only thing is they didnt admit it, it was there room some responsiblity would have to be theres. They were at least there.

the only thing is they didnt admit it, it was there room some responsiblity would have to be theres. They were at least there.

Information on our UDFAgents

Player Pos. School Note

Michael Ford RB LSU Rushed for 756 yards and 7 TDs in 2011; had 3 TDs and 392 yards as junior in 2012.

Mark Harrison WR Rutgers Had 44 receptions for 583 yards and 6 TDs in 2012; stayed in room that was reportedly trashed at Scouting Combine.

Demontre Hurst CB Oklahoma Totaled two interceptions and 33 passes broken up in 4 years with OU.

Josh Lenz WR Iowa State Caught six touchdowns and had 31 receptions for 459 yards in final year with Iowa State.

P.J. Lonergan C LSU Started 38 games over 4 years with LSU.

Zach Minter DT Montana State Even as a defensive tackle, had three interceptions during his career with Montana State.

Marcus Rucker WR Memphis Caught eight touchdowns as a sophomore in 2010, had 47 receptions for 525 yards in 2012.

Brent Russell DT Georgia Southern Had 45 1/2 tackles for a loss and 20 1/2 sacks in his first three years with FCS-level Georgia Southern.

Tress Way P Oklahoma Averaged 44.15 yards per punt in his senior season with OU.

C.J. Wilson CB N.C. State Had four career interceptions while in college at N.C. State.

Throw in WR Demetrius Fields, Northwestern...As a Wildcats fan I kinda like this pickup, he doesn't exactly have great measurables but he always seemed to find a way to get open. That said I don't really see him as an nfl player but I'm glad he's getting a shot...More of a slot guy at NW but with his lack of speed that might not translate to the NFL. Great hands though.

• 2 weeks later...
Because of a foot injury. He is still an option.

Nothing says "still an option" quite like not even being able to participate in rookie mini camp.

I doubt he's an option. Hester, Anderson, Weems, Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett and Wilson all have a better chance to make the team over a UDFA WR who didn't even practice in his first chance to practice.