WR Depth Chart

FlyfishingBear

With the possibility that the Bears are not matching the offer to Meredith, I was looking at who is currently on the roster. It's pretty scary. We have a bunch of question marks and not much depth.  Our #1 is coming back from an injury.  Oh, so is our #2, whether it's White (zero confidence in him) or Meredith, who may not even be with the team.  So our top 2-3 receivers are coming off injury.  We do have a speedy slot guy.  Beyond that - Josh "As long as it doesn't hit me in the hands" Bellamy, Tanner Gentry, and two guys I've never heard of - DeMarcus Ayers and Mekale McCay.  

I like the additions on offense this off season,  but are we really in a better position at WR than we have been for the last few years?  Is anyone else concerned about our depth here? 

Either way,  I don't think Gabriel is a #2. There are a lot of "Ifs" with this group. If those Ifs work out then we'll all be really happy with the receivers on the team.  I'm just not sure I'd bank on this group with all the question marks.  I think this is a weakness for us,  more needs to be added.  Last year we were hopeful that White and Meredith would lead this group and we had nothing behind them. Injuries happen,  I just don't want the insurance plan to be Josh Bellamy again.