Isaac Bruce to the 49ers

GakMan23

Rams | Team releases Bruce

Thu, 28 Feb 2008 14:32:27 -0800

Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the St. Louis Rams cut WR Isaac Bruce Thursday, Feb. 28.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sign him to a 2 or 3 year deal and focus on addressing the position in the draft either this year or next with him to help guide the rookie thru the ropes of adjusting to the speed of the NFL?

Rams | Team releases Bruce

Thu, 28 Feb 2008 14:32:27 -0800

Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the St. Louis Rams cut WR Isaac Bruce Thursday, Feb. 28.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sign him to a 2 or 3 year deal and focus on addressing the position in the draft either this year or next with him to help guide the rookie thru the ropes of adjusting to the speed of the NFL?

Moose 2.0 :shakehead no thanks

Moose 2.0 :shakehead no thanks

Bruce has speed and unlike Moose has had a career full of good years. Not just 1 break out year and then back to the same old same old. He would be a stop gap veteran with speed to actually take it to the house to help groom the younger talent . I would have to say I would rather have him then Booker at this point.

Bruce has speed and unlike Moose has had a career full of good years. Not just 1 break out year and then back to the same old same old. He would be a stop gap veteran with speed to actually take it to the house to help groom the younger talent . I would have to say I would rather have him then Booker at this point.

yeah but in football years hes like 100. I would rather take a chance with the young guys and try and get Javon Walker or Bryant Johnson if we cant resign Berian.

If we feel we can't get Berrian, I'd make Bryant Johnson my #2 priority, and Bruce my #3. WR is a big hole in this team, and we could probably get BJ and Bruce for the same price as Berrian, combined. As whoever mentioned, Bruce is like Moose, expect with more speed and less drops.

You mention that if Berrian goes, make a move for Bryant Johnson, but are you sure he'll be that much cheaper? Johnson is viewed as the 3rd best WR available. The thing is, Minnesota & Tennessee are both far more desperate for receiver help then the Bears are and both have more available cap room. If you doubt they're more desperate, neither one of them has Devin Hester, and I'd take Mark Bradley over any receiver either of those teams have.

I have a sick feeling we'll be entering camp with Hester, Bradley, Rashied Davis, and whoever we draft. I hope I'm wrong about that.