Here's another opinion

Guest TerraTor

Holy hell!!! Mariotti wrote a column bitching about something??? Wow. Who'd have thought? You'd think it was LT we passed on instead of Michael Turner. You have to worry about Turner since San Diego's 3rd string RB looked all-pro in limited time. Some of Mariotti's bitching was even more ignorant then usual. He bitched about:

1. Not flying guys in on private jets, and

2. Turner's from the Chicago area.

Both are truly ignorant gripes. Daniel Snyder flies guys in and look how that's worked out for him.

If the Bears approach the draft without making any moves I think we'll all be furious. But it's WAY to soon to throw any fits yet. IMO, we have two positions we HAVE to fill:

1. Offensive Playmaker--Either RB or WR. Julius Jones, D.J. Hackett, Bryan Johnson, etc..

2. Offensive Lineman--Starting Caliber. Max Starks anyone?

Two players minimum. If we accomplish those two things, I'll be satisfied.

I usually don't read Mariotti since he's a one-trick pony who just bitches about everything. I'm going to get back to that.

this is www.jaythejoke.com take on Jays column this morning. Read this like you are watching the Geico commercials with Celebrity guests

Tyrone Briggs is a real die hard fan of the Chicago Bears, not a sports columnist.

So, to help tell his story, we hired that bobble head from Around the Horn.

TB: Jerry Angelo is working hard right now to try and improve the Bears’ offense for next season.

JM: Five days into free agency, I still don’t see a quarterback, a wide receiver, a running back or a protective front, though I do see a kicker angling for a contract extension because touchdowns will be pipedreams. I am not joking when I say tickets should be half-price, nor am I yanking your chain in suggesting they’ll never move the chains.

TB: It would have been nice to have a wide receiver with Randy Moss’ talent.

JM: Rather than throw money at Randy Moss when he was briefly available, they left you with just two wide receivers who have caught balls in the league. Can we petition the commissioner and ask if every down can be a kickoff, knowing Devin Hester has a much better chance of busting a return than the offense has of moving past midfield?

TB: There is still a lot of time to sign free agents, make trades and use the draft to improve the Bears offense.

JM: If the plan is to tank the 2008 season, maybe Angelo should announce it instead of tip-toeing through his petty, pathetic exercise of budget protection, which also claimed special-teams ace Brendon Ayanbadejo on Monday.

TB: It was a priority for the Bears to re-sign Lance Briggs and solidify their linebacking corps. Angelo was understandingly very busy securing Briggs to a new contract and can only negotiate with one player at a time.

JM: But Saturday night, while Angelo was boogeying to the Briggs news and forgetting about his offensive woes, Turner was being courted at a five-star restaurant in Atlanta by Falcons owner Arthur Blank and the franchise’s new general manager, head coach and offensive coordinator. Shame on Angelo for not sending the private jet—wait, the McCaskeys never would spring for a private jet—or at least arranging for Turner to be in his hometown first thing Friday morning.

TB: Surprisingly, it turns out that Randy Moss never intended to the leave the New England Patriots.

JM: I realize there was less chance of signing Moss than Virginia McCaskey advocating the return of the Honey Bears, including all-nude Playboy pictorials. But over the weekend, Moss’ agent dropped hints that his client might be amenable to a reunion in another city with quarterback Daunte Culpepper. And weren’t they really screaming, ``Yo, Bears! You don’t have any receivers! You don’t have any quarterbacks! Sign us, you idiots!’’

TB: Jerry Angelo rebuilt the Bears from the ground up and the team made it to the Super Bowl. He deserves another opportunity.

JM: By any definition, that’s offensive. And if Angelo doesn’t figure out there are two sides flanking a line of scrimmage, he should start taking half a paycheck.

Jay the Joke. Real Bears fans. Real sick of the dwarf complaining

I love the fact that you seriously used Mariotti to back up a point.

mwaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Is it a point that needs backing up?

I know the off season isn't near over, but is it really realistic to expect to find band aids to piece this offense together?

Take into consideration the number of needs this offense has. At this point the cap money available is quite low and the availability of players is even lower.

I just don't see where the Bears can find a 2 starting WR's, 2 starting OL, and a starting RB or atleast competition as JA promised.

They can address some of this in the Draft. They may be able to get a starting OL from the draft. They can get atleast competition at RB, but not definitely a starter if needed in the draft. They will not find starting WR's for this year in the draft. They also need to get a legitimate QB of the future in the draft, look for depth for both sides of the ball, and figure out something with the safeties.

If Grossman's career takes a 360, Benson's injury has been overplayed, Booker is signed and returns to 2001 form, complete steals are made from cut offensive linemen, and Turner learns to call a game, then the offense will be respectable.

That's a lot of ifs, and if they don't happen, then this will be a bottom of the cellar offense. That's pathetic for a GMt after 6 seasons, especially since no offense fielded in that time has been respectable. You can't call the offense rebuilding when it still hasn't been built. Can you even call it an offense at this point when it needs starters at almost every position excluding TE and Kruetz.

Is it a point that needs backing up?

I know the off season isn't near over, but is it really realistic to expect to find band aids to piece this offense together?

Take into consideration the number of needs this offense has. At this point the cap money available is quite low and the availability of players is even lower.

I just don't see where the Bears can find a 2 starting WR's, 2 starting OL, and a starting RB or atleast competition as JA promised.

They can address some of this in the Draft. They may be able to get a starting OL from the draft. They can get atleast competition at RB, but not definitely a starter if needed in the draft. They will not find starting WR's for this year in the draft. They also need to get a legitimate QB of the future in the draft, look for depth for both sides of the ball, and figure out something with the safeties.

If Grossman's career takes a 360, Benson's injury has been overplayed, Booker is signed and returns to 2001 form, complete steals are made from cut offensive linemen, and Turner learns to call a game, then the offense will be respectable.

That's a lot of ifs, and if they don't happen, then this will be a bottom of the cellar offense. That's pathetic for a GMt after 6 seasons, especially since no offense fielded in that time has been respectable. You can't call the offense rebuilding when it still hasn't been built. Can you even call it an offense at this point when it needs starters at almost every position excluding TE and Kruetz.

I think you are being a little over dramatic.

We replace Moose with a better receiver in Booker. And one could argue that without Grossman throwing him bombs, Berrian is nothing more than a speed guy to run deep. Hester and Bradley can easily replace that. Plus we have two great receiving tight ends to look at. I'm not to worried about the passing game.

The O-line will need a couple of pieces. Whether through the draft or free agency we need to get two pieces either of which will be better than Miller. So our line will be better, which even if we dont pick up another running back will improve us.