What other said about our picks...

dawhizz

Nolan Nawrocki, Pro Football Weekly:

With the versatile Branden Albert still available, it's a surprise that the Bears would pass him, especially given the multiple holes that exist on their offensive line. However, Chris Williams has great feet and athletic ability and is very smart. He should allow John Tait to move back to the ORT position that he played in Kansas City. One pitfall that could eventually sting, however, is that the Bears now have two short-armed edge protectors and have to worry about both being injured, given that Williams was removed from some draft boards for back concerns and Tait is well-aged. Williams lacks the killer instinct, tenacity and nastiness that has definied traditionally tough Bears offensive linemen, but he does fill a huge position of need.

Forte fits the Bears' hard-charging, get-off-the-bus-running style and should be able to fight for a starting job immediately with Cedric Benson coming off a career-threatening foot injury.

Pete Prisco, CBS Sportsline:

Comment: I would have gone for Jeff Otah here. There is some talk that Williams has back issues. That makes this a risky pick

Comment: Forte is a stat machine. Great blend of size, speed and versatility, and he's a high-character guy. Think of a bigger Mewelde Moore, with slightly better speed. He's going to make Bears fans forget about Cedric Benson quickly.

John Czarnecki & Pete Schrager, Fox Sports:

CZAR'S FRONT OFFICE TAKE: The Bears may have been tempted to replace departed receiver Bernard Berrian, but Vanderbilt offensive tackle Chris Williams could start at left tackle and allow them to move John Tait to right tackle. I told you there was going to be a run on offensive linemen, probably the first round's strongest position. Williams played against very athletic defenders in the SEC and held his own. His stock went up with a very impressive Senior Bowl, where he dominated many a pass rusher. This is a solid pick for the Bears, who needed a smart and tough offensive lineman. Funny, but the Bears weren't really interested in a quarterback with this pick. To them, they have bigger issues trying to settle a contract hassle with Chicago's favorite player, Brian Urlacher.

SCHRAGER ON THE SCENE: The Bears need pretty much everything on offense this draft, and they start it off by grabbing offensive tackle Chris Williams out of Vanderbilt. Williams is the first All-SEC lineman out of Vandy since Will Wofford in 1984. Go share that factoid at your water cooler on Monday morning. You'll look really cool, I swear. The Bears fans here do what I call "The D'Brickashaw Ferguson." What's that? It's a golf clap and a point to the head, as in "Smart Pick," made famous by the Jets fans' reaction to Ferguson's selection in 2006. The highlights of Williams on the big screen are of a giant man pushing a blocking dummy. Hard to get real excited about that. So you do "The D'Brickashaw Ferguson," and nod. Sage-like.

Talk about a perfect match. Forte ran for 2,127 yards at Tulane last season, while the Benson/Peterson/Wolfe trio stunk it up in Chicago in '07. The addition of Forte's quickness and strength should help Chicago's offense immensely next year.

Vinny Iyer, Sporting News:

Chicago gets a dandy selection in the Vandy offensive tackle. They desperately needed a smart, athletic and sturdy lineman, and they got him. Good move to avoid the temptation of Mendenhall. Williams can start for the Bears at left tackle for a long time.

Chicago will probably get criticized for this pick, but I like it. I didn't see Forte run the ball much at Tulane, but I did watch him closely in the matchup against Glenn Dorsey and LSU's top run defense. He ran tough, showing great versatility and competitiveness. He should be more motivated and more productive than Cedric Benson right away.

Bucky Brooks, CNNSI:

The Bears choose to address their sagging running game by adding Chris Williams to their aging offensive line. Williams, a first team All-American at Vanderbilt, will pave the way for Cedric Benson or Adrian Peterson on runs, and provide adequate protection on the backside of Rex Grossman or Kyle Orton in the passing game. Rashard Mendenhall was considered a viable option at this pick, but its hard to dispute the selection of Williams considering the Bears' offensive line woes from a season ago.

The Bears bring in another physical runner to push disappointing Cedric Benson. Matt Forte, who rushed for over 2,000 yards as a senior at Tulane, is a smooth runner with deceptive power and pop. His crafty running style should mesh well with Ron Turner's power offense, and help the Bears improve a ground game that struggled to generate yards last season.

If someone finds more, feel free to post them.

What, no Jay Mariotti expert analysis?!

Preview. "Oh, JA, how I bemoan thee. Let me count the ways. You had a chance at the next great running back, and a sure-fire franchise QB, and you took two safe picks because you're delusions made led you to believe you are still a contender." Signed #1 A-hole Jay Ferriotti.

Well suited to play left tackle, Williams should provide an upgrade to a unit that struggled in 2007. He allowed just two quarterback sacks over a span of 1,558 offensive snaps at Vanderbilt. He has good feet and balance for pass protection.

The Bears get a player to compete with Cedric Benson for carries. Forte was the focal point of the opposing defense every week and still put up numbers. He's a high-character guy and will have a chance to upgrade the running game in Chicago.

Both from nfl.com