Things I'd like to see tonight

CrackerDog

• Obviously, I'd like to see the line perform better. I predict they will, actually. You'll see Orton in there from the start and I believe now that the QB battle is over, we'll find the game plan much more balanced. We aren't trying to see what our QB's have but rather work our entire O. This means we'll be keeping the D a bit more off balance. The 49ers terrorized the Packers last week and made them their bitches. If we perform better than that, it should be meaningful.
  • Hester take one to the house.
  • Someone just walk up to Mike Singletary and punch him squarely in the face. Damn am I sick of hearing his self righteous bullshit on the radio.
  • Orton hit on a deep ball to Hester or Bradley or anyone else for that matter. More than one would be icing.
  • I'd love to see Booker get open. Once!
  • The D Line get consistent pressure on the QB.
  • I predict the TE's will have near 50% of the receiving yardage but hope I'm wrong.
  • Forte put up at least 100 yards of total offense while he's in there.
  • KJ get some reps, look good, take a few hits and come away healthy.
  • Speaking of health, NO INJURIES!
  • I predict a successful screen play to Forte. Probably a TD!
  • I'd like to see Lovie get a touch animated at least once. Show us he's alive.
  • I predict Bradley will look like he's free and clear for a TD but will trip over his skirt.
  • I hope Urlacher hits Gore so hard he never considers running for President again. Oh wait...
  • I hope with the pressure off, I hope Grossman looks solid against the #2's.
  • I'd like to see some evidence that we're running as close to our full playbook as possible with Orton in there, even given this is the 3rd preseason game. I'd like to know that he's really grown since what we saw his freshman year.
  • I predict the Hanie fan club will march on Halas Hall after the game with pitch forks and flaming torches.
  • I hope we win. I know it doesn't matter and all but...

I'll be on the chat, probably, so hope to see some of you dogs there.

[*]Obviously, I'd like to see the line perform better. I predict they will, actually. You'll see Orton in there from the start and I believe now that the QB battle is over, we'll find the game plan much more balanced. We aren't trying to see what our QB's have but rather work our entire O. This means we'll be keeping the D a bit more off balance. The 49ers terrorized the Packers last week and made them their bitches. If we perform better than that, it should be meaningful.

I would add to that, OLs so often talk about how difficult it is to block for different QBs, as each QB plays different. For one QB, an OL may feel it can push the DEs wide outside, but for another QB that drops back further, you may be blocking the DE straight into the QB. So now, w/ our having settled on a QB, the OL can begin to block specific for that QB, which also may help.

[*]Hester take one to the house.

Just curious. Are you think in terms of WR or KR/PR. Far more meaningful for me if he took one to the house as a WR, as we know he can do it on returns.

[*]Orton hit on a deep ball to Hester or Bradley or anyone else for that matter. More than one would be icing.

That would be nice, but I would be just as happy to see Orton hit Hester, in stride, and watch Hester race to the sideline, then turn it up field for the endzone.

[*]I'd love to see Booker get open. Once!

And catch the ball:)

[*]The D Line get consistent pressure on the QB.

More specific, for me, is pressure out of our unknowns. I know Brown, Wale and Harris can penetrate (Anderson is out). I would like to see Dusty, Harrison and Idonije get penetration.

[*]I predict the TE's will have near 50% of the receiving yardage but hope I'm wrong.

Would this be an awful thing, especially if we are running a lot of two TE formations? Sure, it would be great to see production from the WRs, but at the same time, we have big TEs who can get downfield and be playmakers themselves. I would see this as a positive, as it would show development out of Olsen and Davis, and that in itself could be a big boost to this offense.

[*]Forte put up at least 100 yards of total offense while he's in there.

Personally, I am more worried about his ground game than as a receiver. Key for me is better than a 4 ypc average, w/ at least one run over 20 yards. Also key, w/ regard to Forte, is improved blocking.

[*]I predict a successful screen play to Forte. Probably a TD!

Now this is really going out on a limb.

[*]I'd like to see Lovie get a touch animated at least once. Show us he's alive.

Wow. And I thought asking for a successful screen play was asking for too much.

[*]I predict Bradley will look like he's free and clear for a TD but will trip over his skirt.

How can he get free and clear running in high heels?

[*]I hope Urlacher hits Gore so hard he never considers running for President again. Oh wait...

LOL!

[*]I hope with the pressure off, I hope Grossman looks solid against the #2's.

I wonder how much we will even see him, as the soon to be HOF inductee Hanie should play most of the snaps after Orton.

[*]I'd like to see some evidence that we're running as close to our full playbook as possible with Orton in there, even given this is the 3rd preseason game. I'd like to know that he's really grown since what we saw his freshman year.

Agreed 100%. While I think 90% of Orton's game will be underneath, I want to see that he "can" run a full offense, and not a trimmed down one.

I would add to that, OLs so often talk about how difficult it is to block for different QBs, as each QB plays different.

Yep.

Just curious. Are you think in terms of WR or KR/PR. Far more meaningful for me if he took one to the house as a WR, as we know he can do it on returns.

I was talking about a return. I just want to see something that gets me excited. Pure joy. I'll take it either way, actually. And you're right, a reception would be more meaningful although not far more. We saw a deep one for a TD to Hester last season in the final game so I know he can do that too.

More specific, for me, is pressure out of our unknowns. I know Brown, Wale and Harris can penetrate (Anderson is out). I would like to see Dusty, Harrison and Idonije get penetration.

Dusty... I'm so looking forward to this guy doing it. His start reminds me of Grossman. Hopefully this story has a happy ending!

[*]I predict the TE's will have near 50% of the receiving yardage but hope I'm wrong.

Would this be an awful thing, especially if we are running a lot of two TE formations? Sure, it would be great to see production from the WRs,

I want to see Orton display "all the throws" not just the dink and dunks.

[*]Forte put up at least 100 yards of total offense while he's in there.

Personally, I am more worried about his ground game than as a receiver. Key for me is better than a 4 ypc average, w/ at least one run over 20 yards. Also key, w/ regard to Forte, is improved blocking.

He'll do fine.

[*]I predict a successful screen play to Forte. Probably a TD!

Now this is really going out on a limb.

I know. The great Crackerskin says it and therefore, so shall it be!

[*]I'd like to see Lovie get a touch animated at least once. Show us he's alive.

Wow. And I thought asking for a successful screen play was asking for too much.

This was a hope, not a prediction. LOL

[*]I predict Bradley will look like he's free and clear for a TD but will trip over his skirt.

How can he get free and clear running in high heels?

Good point.

I wonder how much we will even see him, as the soon to be HOF inductee Hanie should play most of the snaps after Orton.

They won't want to waste Hanie on a meaningless game.

Agreed 100%. While I think 90% of Orton's game will be underneath, I want to see that he "can" run a full offense, and not a trimmed down one.

I think we've seen that already but not for an extended period this season. I'm not sure last year he was working with a smaller playbook. He's the man now, time to show it all.