Anyone else see marrotti on ESPN?

GrizzlyBear

His job is no longer to attack the bears.

IMHO, all the hate for Mariotti is sort of funny. It is my belief that Mariotti was just doing his job. I believe his job was to be an attack writer. He was the Howard Stern of the paper. His job was to rile up Bear fans. But the thing about this sort of position is, it is short term. It works for a period of time, then, instead of getting upset, you begin to ignore. You know what he is going to say, and you just skip his pieces. His schtick works for a while, but then gets tired and played out, and then the writer becomes expendible.

I think the same happened w/ Bayless, though I also personally believe Bayless truly believed what he wrote.

Point is, I understand why everyone hates Mariotte, but at the same time, I think he simply did what he was expected to do. Understand, I have ZERO respect for him. He is a hack. But now that he is no longer under the Sun Times, he can say what he wants, and maybe he doesn't hate everything Chicago as much as some thought.

He actually was complementing the Bears and Called out for it by the other writers. I was shocked. Either way he is still a tool.