CubbiesFan07 Weekly NFL Preds (Week 2)

CubbiesFan07

Tennessee (17)

Palmer will come out of slump against Tennessee, plus the problems that Vince Young has been having recently.

Buffalo (10)

The RB dual will have trouble with a lack of the OL for Jacksonville, but the god-awful defense on the Bills can't stop them regardless.

Oakland (17)

JaMarcus Russell showed yesterday that he wasn't ready for a win, and I believe that this week will be no different. Especially with the way that the Oakland OL looked, and with Dorsey pushing hard for KC, I expect an easy win for KC.

Minnesota (17) > Indianapolis (14)

With Indy's recent troubles, and how badly they looked and played against the Bears, I think that the Minnesota defense will stop them silly. As long as Tarvaris doesn't make stupid mistakes, they should win.

Chicago (24) > Carolina (10)

With the way Chicago's defense looked, Carolina's offense should be stopped to a minimum. Carolina won a lucky one last week, but this week should be different. No mistakes on offense for Bears = another win.

Green Bay (37) > Detroit (21)

Not much to say here if you watched Detroit get rolled on the ground by Atlanta.

NY Giants (27) > St. Louis (10)

St. Louis is on such a downfall that the Giants will haul them. With Eli starting to perform to the range of the #1 overall pick, and the lack of offense on St. Louis, especially that of Stephen Jackson, Giants should come out on top.

New Orleans (9)

Washington's defense should shape up this week, much more than last game. New Orleans shouldn't be able to run on a more healthy Jason Taylor, as well as Landry picking up his slack.

Tampa Bay (27)

Tampa has some good offense this year, but their defense isn't the best. Ryan showed that he could lead a team, such as the Falcons, past a team like the Lions. Lions weren't expected to be that bad against the run, but we'll see this week on what Ryan is really made of.

San Francisco (14) > Seattle (10)

Seattle looked awful on Sunday, especially Matt Hasselbeck. Game goes to San Francisco if the Seahawks play like they did.

New England (30) > NY Jets (24)

Even with the loss of Tom Brady the Patriots still have a stellar team, and Cassel didn't do too bad in his big debut. Farve won't have another game like he did against the Dolphins, especially with the defense that the Patriots currently have.

San Diego (28)

Denver proved that they still have the offense and the OLine. Cutler looked beautiful last night and I expect him to continue this throughout the season. San Diego could pull this off, but with a 20% Shawn Merriman, the middle running game looks quite open for the quick Broncos.

Arizona (17)

Miami did good in their season opener, especially with Pennington coming into it (starting 2nd quarter of course). Arizona's running game is lacking completely, which is a plus for the decent DLine that the Dolphins currently have. Dolphins on top this one.

Baltimore (31) > Houston (10)

Houston's team is still terrible, so I can't see a win right here. Maybe around Week6 when they face Miami, but that's even still up in the air.

Pittsburgh (38) > Cleveland (34)

Match of the week here in my opinion. Cleveland's offense should take a positive turn for this game, and I expect Anderson and Edwards to hook up 2 to 3 times this game for TD's. Pittsburgh's running game was stellar in the opener, so the Browns are going to have trouble stopping it in Week2. Pittsburgh on top for this one though, but will be a great game.

Philadelphia (28)

Great teams for a MNF game. Romo will continue to blossom with Owens at WR, and McNabb will have trouble without any main receivers being healthy at the moment. Dallas will come through, winning by a FG in the 4th quarter.

Enjoy!

Please don't flame :dabears