Garrison Keillor: Sense of Clarity

CrackerDog

The entire article is great but I thought I'd share just this one part. I recommend checking it out completely by clicking this link. Keillor is a brilliant man who speaks from the heart but with such clarity...

The American people are poised to do something that could not be imagined 10 years ago, or even five, which is to vote for the best man regardless of skin color and elect him president. The campaign against him is not one that anybody will point to with pride in years to come. It is a long trail of honking and flapping and traces of green slime, as if a flock of geese had taken up residence in the front yard. But Barack Obama's cool poise in the face of blather is some sort of testament to American heart and humor. The man has walked tall and his wife has turned out to be the brightest figure in the whole political parade, an ebullient woman of quick wit and beautiful spirit. Bravo, Michelle.

Onward, America.

We've all seen plenty of the worst—the sly cruelty, the arrogant ignorance, the fascination with trivia, the cheats, the weaselish and piggish and the buzzardly—but we can rise above it if we will only recognize a leader when one comes along and have the sense to let him lead.