Bad draft picks by Angelo

Da Bears 88

Forte AND Harrison are gems from the 08 draft. Harrison is the only young d-lineman on the roster with significant upside. Steltz? Too soon to tell. Bennett? Disappointing thus far - let's see what transpires nexr year. Williams? Missing on his pre-existing condition was a major blunder, but he's recovered now. Considering how bad St. Claire was yesterday, it's time to see what the kid can do.

Dusty has had a few good games this year and disappeared in others with the rest of the line. I know it is his 3rd year but technically he is a first year player. I think it might be too early to put him on the list.

I'm a pretty big Dusty fan, but I am not sure we can really say he started out w/ a few good games. He has a very high motor, and I love the way he approaches the game, but he simply wasn't getting it done.

Tank Johnson was becoming a kick ass DLman before he got cut, certainly not because of ability, but because of his off-field problems. I am not sure you can fault Angelo for that. He drafted a talented DT who played well.

I think we absolutely can fault Angelo for Tank's off-field issues. He fell in the draft due to similar concerns. If you draft a player w/ a history of injury, and he busts due to injury, I think you can fault the GM. Similar, if you draft a player w/ a history of off-field issues, and similar issues lead to his being cut, then again, I think you can fault the GM.

Bradly was a good WR when healthy, he just never could stay healthy. Again, is this Angelo's fault?

But there was more to it than just injuries. He sure looks healthy in KC. Are we to assume he had a miraculous heeling? I suspect he was likely healthy for us this year, but what did he do for us?

1. Mark Bradley has 24 catches on the season with a 12.6 YPR. He had no catches yesterday. That hardly consistutes "coming on." He's getting some playing time on a team with one victory. As far as his injury situation is concerned, Angelo gambled on him when he drafted him. Bradley had an extensive injury history at Oklahoma, not to mention limited experience at WR. Angelo guessed wrong on him and is accountable for wasting a second round pick.

2. Dusty Dvoracek. He's only looked "good" at times because the Bears stack the box with 8-9 guys to stop the run. Against the Packers, the Bears went with 7 in the box - thereby asking Dusty to hold up at the point of attack - and he was bulldozed. Combine this with a now-legendary injury history (he's out for the year AGAIN with a ruptured bicep) and you have yet another Angelo bust.