College Project Help

Rush23

My friend is trying to get his project for his marketing class going. If you could help it'd be greatly appreciated. Here is the message:

----------------------------------------------

For my college marketing project, I have created www.5millionhits.com . The goal of the web site is to get 5 million unique visitors to visit the site.

This project has been developed for my college marketing class. The point of this project is to show how much effect the internet has on advertising power. The goal is simple, to get 5 million unique web site hits over the span of the semester. By contacting various message boards, the goal is to see if we can build up a lot of web site traffic through word of mouth.

I will be tracking visitors in different categories. Unique visitors (someone with their own IP address, ie: 5 million different people) is the main tracker on the site. However, I’m also tracking returning visitors and total page hits.

If possible, I ask that you visit this site once a day, preferably during “rush hour”. Rush hour is between 8 PM eastern time to 10 PM eastern time. The goal of this part of the project is to duplicate the peak hours of a web site company, and see how much traffic we can get on the server at one time.

I will also give daily updates on the progress of the site.

I ask that if you can, please let friends/family know about this site and ask them to visit to help me achieve my goal. Thank you for your help!