100 passer rating feat

bowlingtwig

Yea, it seems like there was some shoddy journalism. I think someone wrote/said Cutler was the first QB to do it since the merger, which was 1970. Another then looked it up and saw our QB in 1970 was Concannon, and thus all the articles saying/implying that Cutler was the first since Concannon to accomplish the feat, when in fact, Concannon didn't have consecutative 100+ rating games, much less 3 in a row. But as often happens, after someone messed it up, others simply copied and ran w/ the article, and thus a false fact spread pretty quickly.

Good fact checking. I hadn't taken the time myself to verfiy, and thus just took the news pieces at their word that Concannon was the last QB to hit 3 consecutative 100+ rating games, when in truth, he never even came close.

Good job of busting this falsehood and further, following up on it.

I finally found the answer to my question that I posted earlier. Man, does that go back a very long time. Most of us here were probably not born yet or extremely young to remember this.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/ChalkTalk...p?story_id=6184