Cato June signed

clnr

That might mean bad news regarding Briggs. Urlacher and Pisa have been out a while, yet the team did not make a move like this. Briggs went down Sunday, and reports I have read so far give me the impression the injury wasn't too minor.

It isn't like we are still in the hunt, so there is no reason to go out at this point and add older veterans to try and upgrade. No, if we added June, that may well mean troubling things for Briggs.

That might mean bad news regarding Briggs. Urlacher and Pisa have been out a while, yet the team did not make a move like this. Briggs went down Sunday, and reports I have read so far give me the impression the injury wasn't too minor.

It isn't like we are still in the hunt, so there is no reason to go out at this point and add older veterans to try and upgrade. No, if we added June, that may well mean troubling things for Briggs.

I am really shocked at this news. Any help is good at this point but WHY NOW? According to the Chicago Tribune Lance Briggs had an MRI on Monday, and the initial test confirmed that he suffered a mild left knee sprain but that expect him to return for Sunday's game. It also went on to say that he could have returned to the game on Sunday. I like what Cato June might be able to bring to the table. I have always liked him and he knows the system very well. Does anyone happen to know about the Contract that he signed.

Well, I would point out that our staff is usually a bit less than forthcoming when it comes to reporting on our players injuries. They often downplay injuries. Maybe that isn't what is going on, but like you said, why now. Even if Briggs might miss one game, we have Williams who can play WLB, and frankly, deserves an opportunity.

That is why I think this may be a sign Briggs injury is a bit more series. Then again, maybe the staff is simply realizing the season is over and there is no reason to hold out hope for Pisa. So we may be planning to finally put Pisa on IR, which creates an opening.

Honestly though, it doesn't make a ton of sense. June is no spring chicken. He isn't a player you bring onto a team that is now in a position to develop youth.

I am really shocked at this news. Any help is good at this point but WHY NOW? According to the Chicago Tribune Lance Briggs had an MRI on Monday, and the initial test confirmed that he suffered a mild left knee sprain but that expect him to return for Sunday's game. It also went on to say that he could have returned to the game on Sunday. I like what Cato June might be able to bring to the table. I have always liked him and he knows the system very well. Does anyone happen to know about the Contract that he signed.

Well, I would point out that our staff is usually a bit less than forthcoming when it comes to reporting on our players injuries. They often downplay injuries. Maybe that isn't what is going on, but like you said, why now. Even if Briggs might miss one game, we have Williams who can play WLB, and frankly, deserves an opportunity.

That is why I think this may be a sign Briggs injury is a bit more series. Then again, maybe the staff is simply realizing the season is over and there is no reason to hold out hope for Pisa. So we may be planning to finally put Pisa on IR, which creates an opening.

Honestly though, it doesn't make a ton of sense. June is no spring chicken. He isn't a player you bring onto a team that is now in a position to develop youth.

And the fact the I just found out that this is just a 1 yr deal. So basically is a 5 game contract. What could he possibly do for us unless the coaching staff thinks for some odd and unknown reason that we still have a shot.