Top 10 Sleepers for NFL Season - Devin Aromashodu is #1

Cutsizzle

10.) TE John Carlson, Seattle Seahawks

I drafted him in my FF league last year. In fact, I thought he was going to break out so much that I took him as my top TE in the 6th round. Very good at times, but also very inconsistent. Thankfully I drafted Brent Celek, who really saved me. Carlson was killed by the issues Seattle had on offense, particularly at QB. I think he definitely has breakout potential, and as he didn't do it last year, likely is still a sleeper.

9.) RB Jerome Harrison, Cleveland Browns

Not sure that I see this happening. Plays on an awful offense. Most of his big games were against dreadful defenses. I don't think Delhomme is their savior, and think their offense sucks again. Harrison is going to find it tough sledding, and I doubt he has a breakout season.

8.) TE Jermichael Finley, Green Bay Packers

To call him a sleeper, he would need to dramatically improve on his 2009 numbers (55-676-5). Not sure I see Finley putting himself in with the elite class, which is what he would have to do in order to be a sleeper, IMHO. Too many solid receiving options in GB, and I think Rodgers is one who likes the WR first.

7.) WR Arrelious Benn, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Talk about putting some pressure on a rookie. Most of the talk out of TB is about their other rookie WR (Mike Williams) who has shined while Benn has not. It is possible TB starts two rookie WRs with an unproven QB, and questionable OL. Not usually the recipe for success.

6.) QB Alex Smith, San Francisco 49ers

I agree with this. SF has weapons, and added Gin too. Even their RB is an excellent receiving RB. OL is still the big question here.

5.) WR Mike Wallace, Pittsburgh Steelers

Awesome big play WR, but as the article said, w/ Big Ben out 6 games, Wallace may not see much production until later in the year.

4.) WR Julian Edelman, New England Patriots

Disagree, simply because I think Welker returns, and thus Edelman is become a non-factor.

3.) QB Kevin Kolb, Philadelphia Eagles

The real question is whether to consider Kolb a sleeper. Where is he likely to be drafted. If Kolb is already being considered a top 10 QB and going in the top 5,6 or 7 rounds, I don't think he can be called a sleeper.

2.) RB Knowshon Moreno, Denver Broncos

Just went down with injury, and I bellieve he has a history of injury. Is he really a sleeper though?

1.) WR Devin Aromashodu, Chicago Bears

We will see. By the time most hold their FF drafts, the hope is our depth chart is set. If DA is a starter, then I might call him a sleeper. He doesn't have big numbers from last year and thus goes under the radar. With everything we have on offense, if he starts, he could put up big numbers. But if he doesn't win the starting job, I don't know if he will be a great sleer pick. He could still put up good numbers, but I am not sure the draft position/stats value will be that great.

Moreno, the #2 guy on the list, was carted off the field a few days ago and is likely out most of training camp with a hamstring pull.

I don't see how Kolb is a sleeper to anyone. The Eagles traded a multi-time all-pro quarterback to give him their starting slot.

Kolb had 4 TD's and 3 INT's and barely played last season at all. He has potential to put up more numbers but I think you have to rule him a sleeper based on lack of experience from last season.

I would compare him though to a rookie RB drafted high w/ high expectations. Kolb is being listed pretty high, despite lack of experience, in most pre-draft boards I have seen. Despite his lack of experience, if he is being drafted as a top 10 QB (or near that) is he really a sleeper?

Kolb had 4 TD's and 3 INT's and barely played last season at all. He has potential to put up more numbers but I think you have to rule him a sleeper based on lack of experience from last season.