#1 Defense in the NFL!

selection7

The two stingiest teams in the NFL are the Bears and the Packers (146 points allowed for both teams). Granted, defensive scores can factor in, but what the hell?! I knew we were doing well but this surprised me...especially to find that the two top Ds are both in our division. The blank we put on the Dolphins helped I'm sure.

http://www.nfl.com/standings

Of course only a few years ago we used to allow closer to 10 ppg rather than 14.6, but it's still impressive even if our schedule does get tougher from here on.

I saw the stats of our 2006 team both offensively and defensively and was blown away at how good that team was on both sides of the ball. We were scoring close to 26 ppg (Thanks alot to Devin Hester's emergence as a returner and the good Rex days through the first 8 weeks of the season) but the defense was only giving up like 10 ppg while allowing 50 yards or so less than this current Bears team is allowing. They were really dominant!