Deal is done!!!!

Wesson44

Which is why I hate the way the contracts are negotiated from the players' side.

They want long term contracts AND all the money up front. The team obliges them because there is a give-and-take, and the team will get the benefit of the contract in the later years. But when those later years show up, and the pay is less, the player acts like he's been paid that much the entire time and completely forgets about the massive amount of front-loading done.

I don't think that will be a problem with Forte. He played out the rookie contract and really wasn't vocal until it was played out. After seeing the details that have came out so far, I say he was probably in the right for waiting this long to accept his contract.

I don't think that will be a problem with Forte. He played out the rookie contract and really wasn't vocal until it was played out. After seeing the details that have came out so far, I say he was probably in the right for waiting this long to accept his contract.

http://www.talkbears.com/forums/index.php?...16&hl=forte

Note Bears4Ever_34's post 9 posts down.

This is just the quickest way to show that Forte was, in fact, getting all malconent on us (through the press) well before his contract was up (and before he was injured even).