The Bears with Cutler vs.Bears with McCown

'TD'

Having read all the arguments, the negative I most identify with about Josh is that he's only shown success over a short time. Heck, Josh Freeman had a 96 QBR his first full season (his second year). Anyone want him? I bet many of you'd probably put the age thing as #1, but as a general rule, I think people make too big a deal about age. What's important is wear. And Jay Cutler has had triple the number of starts as McCown. What do you think is more important? 4 years older or triple the amount of wear? I'd call it a wash.

I think this is a good point, though Josh has looked horrid previously in his career, but if it is possible that light bulb has finally come on for him. Between him and Jay, he's had far less of the beating on his body physically than Jay has. It's kinda like on a car, sometimes the years aren't as important as the milage. I would like to see them both back next year plus a promising rookie. I think all things considering the Bears have more leverage than Jay does as far as commanding a huge contract. And he has hinted earlier in the season that he wouldn't be opposed to some form of "hometown discount" I would like to see us sign Jay to a deal that is cap friendly especially early but with escalators and incentives. Maybe even a shorter term deal with options for further years. I feel like there is something that can get done that is creative, works for Jay, works for the Bears. I think Jay is aware that if his contract is too big, it hinders the ability to make this team better. And if he's willing to sign a deal that is cap friendly early we can use that money to improve the D and make the team overall more solid, and thus a serious contender. If this can get done, and you bring back Josh for 2-3 year reasonable deal then, focus on D.

I think this is a good point, though Josh has looked horrid previously in his career, but if it is possible that light bulb has finally come on for him. Between him and Jay, he's had far less of the beating on his body physically than Jay has. It's kinda like on a car, sometimes the years aren't as important as the milage. I would like to see them both back next year plus a promising rookie. I think all things considering the Bears have more leverage than Jay does as far as commanding a huge contract. And he has hinted earlier in the season that he wouldn't be opposed to some form of "hometown discount" I would like to see us sign Jay to a deal that is cap friendly especially early but with escalators and incentives. Maybe even a shorter term deal with options for further years. I feel like there is something that can get done that is creative, works for Jay, works for the Bears. I think Jay is aware that if his contract is too big, it hinders the ability to make this team better. And if he's willing to sign a deal that is cap friendly early we can use that money to improve the D and make the team overall more solid, and thus a serious contender. If this can get done, and you bring back Josh for 2-3 year reasonable deal then, focus on D.

Yeah, if we can bring both those guys back, I'd feel as good about our QB situation as I have in 25 years of being a Bear fan.

McCown has been everything we could have hoped for and more out of a backup. You don't want your backup to be the reason you lose games, and so far that's been the case. Unfortunately because of how bad the defense is, the Bears quarterback probably has to be the reason they win games, and that hasn't been McCown either.

McCown has been everything we could have hoped for and more out of a backup. You don't want your backup to be the reason you lose games, and so far that's been the case. Unfortunately because of how bad the defense is, the Bears quarterback probably has to be the reason they win games, and that hasn't been McCown either.

Hmmm, back-handed compliment. I can't help feeling you're saying that to yourself as a way of justifying your expected conclusion, which is that there's no way McCown could be as good as he's been.

Watch the elite QBs. Even with those guys, on the average Sunday, there's no magical pixie dust trailing every pass. When you have a 104 QBR, 9TDs and 1 pick, you are absolutely one of the reasons your team wins when it does.

Unfortunately, QBs don't win football games, teams do. For the first time in a while for us, that's a bad thing.