Jarrett Payton's take on sunday's embarrassment

GakMan23

"Last season I gave the Bears offense the nickname “#TheAirAndWaterShow”, this years they are more like #PaperAirPlanes&PaddleBoats. (watching the old guys by my house flying the remote control airplanes). Wow! What a difference a year can make. It just goes to show you can have a great offense on paper, but paper doesn’t win games or championships."

So true

I don't think the article is particularly well written. Some contributors here could do better and have. But frankly everything he said is correct. The problem is the issues with this team are so deeply imbedded now it could be years before we see any major improvement. I really don't see the Bears eating big contracts and cutting people loose. I don't see this organization cutting the head coach after only two seasons. Not just because of money but because it isn't "nice" and they want to be seen as nice guys. But they're finishing last being nice guys. We need a real bastard to run this team, it appears.

When you look at last year and how promising this offense looked and we were high scoring and moving the ball. Then fast forward to this year and struggling is an understatement. Pretty much the same team on offense, same coaches, same system. It can make one scratch their head. But in the NFL teams learn quickly and an offense that caught many by surprise last season has not grown but regressed and it's predictability has giving the rest of the league the ability to easily shut it down. We're not talking an offense devoid of talent, we have an average offensive to good offensive line, we have a great all purpose back, we have plenty of talent at WR/TE. We have weapons, but like a loaded gun in the hands of an idiot often leads to self inflicted wounds. That is what we have here. Being held back by an unimaginative offense and a QB with an affinity for turnovers and brain farts. We have a defense that we spent money trying to "fix" in free agency that is so broke I don't see how you fix it. It is embarrassing I have very little desire to watch any more bears football outside of the effect it has on my fantasy team since I have Forte and this week currently have the vikings D. And may just pick up whatever D is playing the bears that weak and their offensive players.

How ironic that my attitude towards my Bears, now matches that of it's 126 mil dollar mistake of a QB…. don't care...

Yup.

This team has done it. They've made me dislike a Chicago bears team for the first time in my life. Besides a couple players like Fuller, Long, and Jeffrey...there isn't many more I remotely like.

I think this is what it feel like to be a Raiders fan...

When you look at last year and how promising this offense looked and we were high scoring and moving the ball. Then fast forward to this year and struggling is an understatement. Pretty much the same team on offense, same coaches, same system. It can make one scratch their head. But in the NFL teams learn quickly and an offense that caught many by surprise last season has not grown but regressed and it's predictability has giving the rest of the league the ability to easily shut it down. We're not talking an offense devoid of talent, we have an average offensive to good offensive line, we have a great all purpose back, we have plenty of talent at WR/TE. We have weapons, but like a loaded gun in the hands of an idiot often leads to self inflicted wounds. That is what we have here. Being held back by an unimaginative offense and a QB with an affinity for turnovers and brain farts. We have a defense that we spent money trying to "fix" in free agency that is so broke I don't see how you fix it. It is embarrassing I have very little desire to watch any more bears football outside of the effect it has on my fantasy team since I have Forte and this week currently have the vikings D. And may just pick up whatever D is playing the bears that weak and their offensive players.

How ironic that my attitude towards my Bears, now matches that of it's 126 mil dollar mistake of a QB…. don't care...

What's even more head scratching is statistically Jay is actually having an even better season than last year.

2013 vs 2014

YPG- 238 vs 262

TD%- 5.4 vs 5.5

INT%- 3.4 vs 3.0

Rating- 89.2 vs 92.8

Comp%- 63.1 vs 66.1

The biggest difference however is...

Sacks- 19 vs 23 (and that's with 2 more games played in 2013)

Sack%-5.1 vs 6.5 (for reference the 2011 OL that featured Webb/C. Williams/Garza/Spencer/Louis with Carimi, Omiyale, and E.Williams also getting starts gave up 6.8%)

And that all lead to Jays biggest problem..

Fumbles- 5 vs 10

To expand upon the OL stats....Bushrod and Mills played every game last year(so 32 starts between the 2) and gave up 8 sacks. This year through a combined 15 starts they've given up 7.5. Ola who has spent time at OT has given up 3.