Artical before the 2016

eback

Talks about what a mistake it was to let Forte go and other interesting speculations before the 2016 season.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.com/mmqb/.../12/week-review

Yup. No one even talks about it at all because it wouldn't fit the narrative they have about us. That's the 1 position we have done an excellent job with throughout history regardless of the front office personnel. Forte is showing the wear and tear on his body while we have 1 of the best backs in the league again

Howard is a rookie, meaning, of course, that his adjustment to the NFL is an unknown.

Key word: Unknown

Meanwhile, Forte went to the Jets and had a comparable year to his 2015 one with the Bears, even though they gave Bilal Powell far too many carries and they were easily one of the worst offensive teams in the entire NFL. They were a dumpster fire. Forte could have easily had a much better season if they didn't suck overall so much. He definitely scored more rushing TDs than his previous year with the Bears, despite the aforementioned. It made sense to at least attempt to lure Forte back to Chicago, even if it was just for one year. Unceremoniously dumping him without any offer was not the right way to go. Did it work out in the end? Yes. But as the article noted, it was unknown.

Leonard Floyd has the potential to be a beast.

Key word: Potential.

He has not realized that full potential yet. But he does appear to be improving.

Two other rookies have stood out at camp: third-round defensive lineman Jonathan Bullard, and seventh-round wideout Daniel Braverman.

<_>

Jerrell Freeman is an overachieving linebacker

:headbang Agree. Too bad about the injuries

I am worried about the Bears’ offensive line

No shit. Too bad the front office isn't.

I believe the Bears made the right call in promoting quarterbacks coach Dowell Loggains to offensive coordinator.

:rolleyes: I doubt that's the same opinion now. I like the run/pass split, but he's about as unimaginative as possible. Again, there is a reason they called him "Low Gains" in TN.