King said it

ChileBear

Peter-MR PACKER KISSER-King said it in FMIA (https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/01/fmia-week-4-quarter-pole-nfl-peter-king/?cid=nbcsports): "10. Chicago got its first big game from Mitchell Trubisky, and look out if it’s the first of many. The six-touchdown-pass masterstroke to rout Tampa Bay on Sunday was so different from Trubisky’s first three mediocre games. Coach Matt Nagy told me: “The teaching moment for me this week was just letting Mitch know that no matter what happens, we are all in his corner.” Something worked. Trubisky had five touchdown passes by halftime. If Trubisky is even a B-minus QB the rest of the way, this defense is going to make the 3-1 Bears very hard to beat. " (hi-lite mine)

I love reading King's column every Monday, though he does kiss Green Bay's butt. He is upfront, and, usually, on target. The D IS better-than-good, and we are finally getting some respect. Kudos to all the players for putting on a show that I love this season. And to Nagy, all the coaches, Pace and, hey why not, Virginia!

Also, I don't know if people realize that Robinson and Burton only had 2 receptions each and Howard was 11-25 on the ground. The defense also didn't have Amukamara or Cooper, and Miller was out for the offense. Once Hicks got ejected late, Nichols saw more playing time and actually looked borderline dominant on back to back plays. He had a 1/2 a sack and a TFL on back to back plays.

We are first in sacks with 18, second in INTs with 8, have not allowed a rushing TD, and have the most defensive TDs (2). If the offense scores 21 points a game, we have a good chance to win every game. Of our remaining games, only the Rams have an offense or defense in the top 10 (they have both).

Only 3 teams in the league are in the top 10 in offensive PPG and defensive PPG (Bears, Rams, Ravens). The final four of each conference would look interesting if it ended up:

Bears-Rams-Saints-Eagles and Ravens-Chiefs-Dolphins-Titans