Training Camp 8/16

Connorbear

Visited Bears training camp today with my brother and his boys. 

Observations:
1 - Much more like Platteville than Bourbonnais. Platteville was very laid back. Bourbonnais was was too corporate for my taste.
2 - Jaylon Johnson had 2 picks of Andy Dalton. The 2nd was beautifully timed where he jumped over the receiver on a long pass to haul it in. Dalton did have a nice throw to Allan Robinson on the sidelines.
3 - Justin Fields made a fantastic throw to Jesse James on a deep side-line route that went right over the top of the defender Charles Snowden. It really was a thing of beauty.
4 - Watched the defensive line practice for about 20 minutes. The D-Line Coach Chris Rumph was outstanding. He really worked his players. I believe they would run through a wall for him.
5 - The pictures I have of the d-line practice are of Akeem Hicks and Khyiris Tonga. Hicks was growling like a Bear and talking to the fans. He even handed some Gatorade to a couple of kids. I'd love for them to find a way to keep him. Rumph was riding Tonga hard making him take extra reps. I think they know he could be a special player if he stays focused.
6 - The facility was very intimate. The new practice fields are surrounded by woods and back up to the Metra line.
7 - The Bears are spending some good money on this. Parked at the Hawthorn Mall and was bussed over (tour busses not school busses). Plenty of staff and things to do for the kids. I was impressed.

Fields.jpg

Hicks.jpg

Tonga.jpg