Losman requests trade

balta1701-A

This is pretty much expected, with Trent Edwards taking his job. There's a few teams he could/would be an upgrade for, and he has a short contract. If I were the bills, I'd try hard to honor his trade request, maybe pick up another draft pick or a player some team wanted to discard.

Bills quarterback J.P. Losman wants out of Buffalo, unhappy with how he lost his starting job to rookie Trent Edwards this past season. Losman's agent, Gary Wichard, told The Associated Press on Friday that his client would prefer to be traded, but added Losman would play out the final year of his contract if necessary. Wichard said he has not yet spoken to the Bills because the team is seeking a new general manager after Marv Levy stepped down earlier this week.

Whether the Bills choose to keep Losman, Wichard said he didn't see any chance of Losman remaining with the team after next season.

"That ship has sailed, my friend," Wichard said. "Hopefully, they do something this year. And if not, we'll just walk away after next year."

Wichard said he spoke out now because he knew how unhappy his client is. He said he and Losman didn't want to air their views during the season so not to cause a distraction to the team.

Losman declined numerous interview requests over the final weeks of the season, and also after Bills players cleaned out their lockers Monday after a 7-9 finish, in which Buffalo missed the playoffs for a franchise record eighth consecutive season.

"I give him credit for handling this thing the way he has," Wichard said. "But at the end, he said, 'I'm out of here.'"

With a young team in need of talent, I think you do have to move him, even if you only get a mid-round pick for him or something like that.

This is pretty much expected, with Trent Edwards taking his job. There's a few teams he could/would be an upgrade for, and he has a short contract. If I were the bills, I'd try hard to honor his trade request, maybe pick up another draft pick or a player some team wanted to discard.

With a young team in need of talent, I think you do have to move him, even if you only get a mid-round pick for him or something like that.

Someone will pick him up. He reminds me of mix between Orton and Grossman. He should change his name to Ortman.