Shane Olivea Released

Guest TerraTor

Olivea is a RT, could be worth a look, but I think we already have our RT (Tait)

I think we should really look at bringing in FB Lorenzo Neal who was also released.

We should definitley look at Neal, even though he's up there in years. I say bring in Olivea and keep Tait at left... We just would need to draft a guard then.

Olivea is a RT, could be worth a look, but I think we already have our RT (Tait)

I think we should really look at bringing in FB Lorenzo Neal who was also released.

If Shane is cheap, I'd go for him. He could end up being a star.

Maybe we could trade Tait? I wonder what we could get for him, a 4th?

If we get Shane no way do we trade Tait we just keep him on the left side and groom a young tackle as his replacement. A forth for Tait doesnt help us at all, we would be getting robbed.

I like the quote from the article that says, "It was thought that Olivea, who lost his starting job at right tackle midseason and fell out of favor with the coaching staff over his work ethic and commitment, would be given another year to get back in the good standing and perhaps earn back his job."

How could anybody think that could be a star??? Seriously. At best we'd sign him hoping he could become John St. Clair.

He's a Right Tackle and we need a right tackle, so if we signed him I wouldn't complain. But expecting him to be anything more then a guy who was bad enough to get flat-out dumped is ridiculous.