Bears rescind offer to Brendon

Ed Hochuli 3:16

In other news, the Bears have decided to move forward without special teams standout Brendon Ayanbadejo, an unrestricted free agent who is slated to visit the New York Jets Monday.

WIth Adrian Peterson, Rod Wilson, Israel Idonije, Nick Roach and Jamar Williams all expected to help fill the void on the coverage and return teams, the Bears hope to maintain their ranking as the NFL's No. 1 special teams unit.

Chicago claimed that crown for the second straight year in 2007 after losing three key players in Cameron Worrell, Todd Johnson and Dante Wesley during the offseason. Worrell tied with Ayanbadejo for the team lead with 28 special-teams tackles in 2006, matching the team record set by Peterson in 2004.

from chicagobears.com

Well, best of luck to Brendon in the future. :crying

Makes sense. Ayanbedjo is a fine ST player, but that's about it. After signing Briggs, you end up putting Williams & Okwo on special teams instead of protecting them since they would be competing for a starting job. So Brenden becomes expendable. I have no problem with it.

The Bears have pulled their multi-year offer to free agent LB Brendon Ayanbadejo off the table.

The Jets are the only club known to be pursuing him. Ayanbadejo wants to be the league's highest paid special teamer, and a shot to play at linebacker.

And there it is from rotoworld

Any admin- take the "?" off the title of this topic. He's out of Chicago, for sure. :shakehead

from chicagobears.com

Well, best of luck to Brendon in the future. :crying

The most valuable person on Special teams is - Dave Toub. Losing Brendon doesn't bother me. Toub will slot someone else in there just like he did last yr when we lost Johnson, Wesley, and Worrell. Spend the money on Gould.

Best of luck to Brendon.

Peace :bears

From the Suntimes. The less players on the team represented by Rosenputz the better in my opinion.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...n030308.article

Peace :bears

That's true with the Rosenass clients, but it's pretty much inevitable. Thankfully Angelo has taken the "higher road" and kept a good working relationship with him.

The kicker is, I'd guess that Ayanbadejo won't make what he turned down with the Bears.

It looks like Jamar Williams will take over Brnedon's job on special teams.