Briggs can't be happy about Pace

nfoligno

OLB Calvin Pace just signed w/ NYJ. 6yr/$42m w/ a $20m SB.

Like Adalius Thomas, Pace was seen as an OLB in a 3-4 that can generate a pass rush, as well as play OLB. I realize Briggs could not have fit, but he can not be happy about this.

Once again, I use this as evidence Harris better not over-play his hand. IMHO, a big reason the market was not there for Briggs is because he plays in a system that caters to his position, thus putting into question his ability to play in any system. Also, his value in a 3-4 is really questioned, as he never showed much of a pass rushing potential in Chicago.

IMHO, Harris does not fit every team, and frankly, I am not confident he fits the majority. So as the number of teams that might have an interest dwindle, so may the market.

OLB Calvin Pace just signed w/ NYJ. 6yr/$42m w/ a $20m SB.

Like Adalius Thomas, Pace was seen as an OLB in a 3-4 that can generate a pass rush, as well as play OLB. I realize Briggs could not have fit, but he can not be happy about this.

Once again, I use this as evidence Harris better not over-play his hand. IMHO, a big reason the market was not there for Briggs is because he plays in a system that caters to his position, thus putting into question his ability to play in any system. Also, his value in a 3-4 is really questioned, as he never showed much of a pass rushing potential in Chicago.

IMHO, Harris does not fit every team, and frankly, I am not confident he fits the majority. So as the number of teams that might have an interest dwindle, so may the market.

From your mouth to God's ears.

Reading Lance's response to his signing he seems totally fine and happy with the deal he got. He explained that Rosenass told him it was a good deal and he should take it so he did....

He knew he could have tested the waters in the market, but he chose to sign on the 2nd day...he knew what he was getting himself into

Reading Lance's response to his signing he seems totally fine and happy with the deal he got. He explained that Rosenass told him it was a good deal and he should take it so he did....

He knew he could have tested the waters in the market, but he chose to sign on the 2nd day...he knew what he was getting himself into

Briggs didn't have much choice left. Teams said to have been interest were Tampa Bay who have Derek Brooks, Cato June, Quincy Black, Jerimiah Trotter, plus about 4 others at LB, not an option here IMO. New Orleans was also interested, but were spending big cash on Vilma, McCray, Gay, Stecker, Henderson. Washington was never really in the mix IMO, b/c they really don't have the cap space at the moment.

Briggs realized he better sign quckly with the Bears before they brought the Atlanta FA in and before they started lowering the offer.

Briggs didn't have much choice left. Teams said to have been interest were Tampa Bay who have Derek Brooks, Cato June, Quincy Black, Jerimiah Trotter, plus about 4 others at LB, not an option here IMO. New Orleans was also interested, but were spending big cash on Vilma, McCray, Gay, Stecker, Henderson. Washington was never really in the mix IMO, b/c they really don't have the cap space at the moment.

Briggs realized he better sign quckly with the Bears before they brought the Atlanta FA in and before they started lowering the offer.

Does it make sense that just a few of days after Lance signs a moderate deal, Pace signs a huge one? I would've thought Briggs deal would be a bargaining chip for Pace's future employers. Does that mean had Briggs not gotten a mediocre deal that Pace would have gotten an even bigger one?

Does it make sense that just a few of days after Lance signs a moderate deal, Pace signs a huge one? I would've thought Briggs deal would be a bargaining chip for Pace's future employers. Does that mean had Briggs not gotten a mediocre deal that Pace would have gotten an even bigger one?

Calvin Pace will play OLB in a 3-4 defense and the Jets weren't interested in a LB that's only played in a system defense that caters to the WLB. I'm guessing Pace's deal was more b/c he may have had other visits scheduled. Other teams that may have been interested would be NE, Miami to name a couple.