Booker signed right after Gaffney

bradjock

Booker agreed to terms with the Bears damn near immediately after Jabar Gaffney agreed to terms with the Patriots. In other words, Booker was either hoping to land with NE, or he was hoping to use both teams against one another as leverage.

The same thing happened with Demorrio Williams on Saturday. He was scheduled to meet with the Bears on Tuesday. The Bears resign Briggs, and within an hour he's a Chief.

I find this interesting as hell for a lot of different reasons:

1. Those of us who follow the NFL "rumor-mill" constantly don't know nearly as much as we'd like to. The Chicago papers had reported the Bears seemed to have no interest in Booker. I have to think we'd been in contact for a while.

2. When did we offer Booker a contract? Was it right after we dumped Moose or after we lost Berrian? I'd like to know whether we really wanted him, or if this was an act of desperation.

3. How many other guys have the Bears made offers to that we haven't heard about??? My guess is we gave Bryan Johnson a figure, and he decided it'd be a waste of his time to visit Chicago.

I still am anxious to see what we gave Book, money wise.

The chicagosuntimes.com reported we gave Book 3.5 million for two years. That's slightly less then the 42 million Berrian signed for. I'd much rather have Berrian, but he was too damn inconsistent. For damn near 40 million less, Booker's a steal.

I'd love to know what we offered Bryan Johnson. Apparently we're out of the running for him. PFT is reporting that Julius Jones might sign with Tennessee.

The chicagosuntimes.com reported we gave Book 3.5 million for two years. That's slightly less then the 42 million Berrian signed for. I'd much rather have Berrian, but he was too damn inconsistent. For damn near 40 million less, Booker's a steal.

I'd love to know what we offered Bryan Johnson. Apparently we're out of the running for him. PFT is reporting that Julius Jones might sign with Tennessee.

Wait, 3.5 a year, or 3.5 over 2 years?

I thought we didn't offer BJ anything? And rotoworld is reporting TB is out of the running for JJ.

Wait, 3.5 a year, or 3.5 over 2 years?

I thought we didn't offer BJ anything? And rotoworld is reporting TB is out of the running for JJ.

The media has not said we've offered Bryan Johnson anything, but that doesn't mean we have it. IMO, we offered him much less then what Buffalo was willing to pay him. That'd explain why he hasn't visited Chicago as originally planned.

rom what I understand with Johnson, he met with the Bills for 3-4 days straight and even met with the media. He says how bad he wants to play there, but that he's going to be talking with Washington? He has to be thinking he can score a big pay-day somewhere. Seeing how badly Oakland overpaid Javon Walker, and how much Berrian made, Johnson might be right.

That & his agent is Rosenass.