Bears interested in Walker

ASHKUM BEAR

Bears | Team meets with A. Walker

Thu, 13 Mar 2008 08:59:31 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Chicago Bears met with free-agent TE Aaron Walker (Rams) Wednesday

Walker is more of a blocking TE to replace Gilmore.

He played at Florida with Rexy, and St. Louis so Lovie has some inside on him. Interesting hopefully we sign him

I'll be honest, I don't know anything about him and never heard of him before now. But looking at his NFL page he has real good size and it looks like he can make a big catch here and there, since his career Yards Per Catch is 12.5.

But if it is more then slightly above the minimum, if that, he isn't worth it. We could get someone in the 6th or 7th round of the draft who can do at least close to the same things.

I'll be honest, I don't know anything about him and never heard of him before now. But looking at his NFL page he has real good size and it looks like he can make a big catch here and there, since his career Yards Per Catch is 12.5.

But if it is more then slightly above the minimum, if that, he isn't worth it. We could get someone in the 6th or 7th round of the draft who can do at least close to the same things.

I here ya, I don't think were looking to spend too much since we said bye-bye to Gilmore. Gilmore signed a 3yr 4 mil deal w/ 1 mil guaranteed. Walker would more than likely be offered a 3yr 2.8-3 mil deal otherwise we would of macthed Tampas offer.

I like the idea of bringing in a big vet that knows his role instead of bringing in a rook that we may not fill comfortable with especially if we will be bringing in a rookie OT. We need to surround the rook with superior talent to make his transition smooth.