Kevin Jones???

azbearsfan

I just keep wondering in these discussions, how is Wolfe going to fit in? Are we ready to give up on a 3rd round pick already? If we draft someone high, I would think he'd be Benson's replacement (at least next year). But if we're just looking for a change-of-pace back -- isn't that Wolfe's purpose?

As for Jones, I dunno. Health is a big issue, probably too big.

I just keep wondering in these discussions, how is Wolfe going to fit in? Are we ready to give up on a 3rd round pick already? If we draft someone high, I would think he'd be Benson's replacement (at least next year). But if we're just looking for a change-of-pace back -- isn't that Wolfe's purpose?

That is a good point.

I think the problem for Wolfe is the crappy oline really makes him look bad. From what I saw, when the hole was there or he got the ball into space he looked nice. If he gets hit behind the line or there are no holes he looks bad. But I guess that the same of CBenson too. Then you get unrealistic people on the boards saying these running backs can't "break tackles" even though they are getting hit before or at the LOS.

I personally like Wolfe and I think if we can get some linemen that will move people he can be quite nice.

If the Bears bring in a RB, I think you have to expect that Wolfe drops to #3, and Peterson gets treated mainly as a special teams person unless someone gets hurt.

I hate the idea of giving up on 2 high picks as quickly as the Bears would be giving up on Benson and Wolfe if they spent another high pick on an RB or paid a lot of money for one, but if the team has soured on those guys that quickly I'm not sure I can argue with it. I still think the correct move right now is to beef up the O-Line and try to turn the guys they do have in to something useful, but I'm not there when they practice, I'm not on the sidelines, and I don't know how the guys really are when they're together.

I love Jerry Angelo, but Wolfe was a horrible pick. He will never be anything more then a situational guy for 3rd down. He's a no. 3 RB and nothing more.

Jones, depends on the price tag, but I'd love to get him.

I think Benson will do as good as anyone we could bring in now, as long as the line gets fixed(Which I don't see happening this year).

If the report of him possibly "Losing a step" due to his surgery are false, then he should be as good as anyone outside the elite backs in the league.

I was wanting Turner to be brought in, but that wasn't because I think Benson sucks that bad. It's because I think Turner can be an Elite back. Turner is young, big and is fast enough to break one off at any time.

Running back in the first would be a waste imo, unless it's obvious Benson is looking really bad from his surgery. I'd personally rather see Brohm if he falls, or possibly an OT if one falls.

The Running Backs in later rounds really shouldn't be better then Benson. There's also no special backs left in FA, honestly I don't there was any outside of Turner to start out with.

Is Jones an improvement over AP or Wolfe? Yea, most likely. Is he worth a multi-year deal? I don't think so. If he is going to only be here for a year, is he worth the drama of being here? No, I don't think so.

I don't think he is as good as Benson or that much better then the other guys to be worth it. Why poop on AP for a guy that's not going to be much better, esp. with the way the line is looking.