Duane Brown, Virginia Tech Have you seen him play?

labears

This sounds interesting. Has anyone seen him play? Websites seem to differ on if he projects as a ROT or LOT. For the record, I have no problem picking a OT in the first and looking at Brown in the 3rd with one of our 2 picks. Linemen are so hit (Joe Thomas) or miss (Robert Gallery).

Scouts say: Ryan Clady, Boise State

I say: Duane Brown, Virginia Tech

The skinny: Forget about quarterback, there are more busts on the offensive line than anywhere in the draft. Clady looks the part, but I’ve got reservations about his tenacity. Brown, on the other hand, is one mean dude. And that’s what I want on my offensive line: a mean dude with an attitude. Yeah, he’s not as technically sound as Clady—or others, for that matter. But he’s a tough, strong guy with good feet and a large wingspan. He doesn’t run a sub-5.0 40 like Clady, but it’s about burst, power and desire on the offensive line. And Brown has it all.

Matt Hayes is a writer for Sporting News. E-mail him at mhayes@sportingnews.com.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=no...n&type=lgns