South Park w/ cheating Patriots

madlithuanian

Did anyone catch the episode the other night? I finally watched it off my TiVo...

It had me cracking up when they related cheating with the Patriots and Bilicheck! Like it or not, Pats fans will have this legacy do deal with for a long long time...

I saw that and loved it. I laughed my ass off. Although I think you and I have a different perspective. Let me ask you this: If the Bears had been accused of cheating and won a Super Bowl, would you give a damn? I sure wouldn't.

Hell, Papa Bear used to do everything in his power to get the upper hand, including putting itching cream in the soap. I'm sure some of those early Bear's championships involved some shenanigans.

Call me an ass, but I'd be much happier if the Bears had found a way to cheat & win, and we had 3 super bowl championships this decade . . . as opposed to what we have.

It was classic!

I would give a damn. I'm sure lots of shenenigans go on... But, the manner and fashion in which the Pat's one played out was far different than the likes of anything we've seen before. I would like to be able to talk my team up as one of the best of all time without having the lingering issue of cheating be at the forefront of everyone else's mind.

Like the Giants fans are with Bonds, etc...fans of their own teams will always be more forgiving. But I'm an odd person I suppose. I guess my father taught me cheating to get there isn't a good thing in the long run.

It feels sour.

I love Papa Bears, but not everything he did was great. He treated some great players very badly, was very cheap, did have some bouts of questionable tactics. Some of it is just amuzing, like th soap. That nothing compared to taping, etc... It was also in an ear that these kinds of rules weren't spelled out. There's something charming about the beginnings of a sport, but once it's a big business like the NFL is now, it's different.

No need to call you an ass at all! That's just your take! I'd prefer we'd have won 3 Super Bowls by kicking ass, and not cheating. But to answer your question, I would have rather we not won a thing, then to have won by cheating.

Cartman would have kicked me out of class! ;)

I saw that and loved it. I laughed my ass off. Although I think you and I have a different perspective. Let me ask you this: If the Bears had been accused of cheating and won a Super Bowl, would you give a damn? I sure wouldn't.

Hell, Papa Bear used to do everything in his power to get the upper hand, including putting itching cream in the soap. I'm sure some of those early Bear's championships involved some shenanigans.

Call me an ass, but I'd be much happier if the Bears had found a way to cheat & win, and we had 3 super bowl championships this decade . . . as opposed to what we have.