Bring Back the Honey Bears!

madlithuanian

http://www.bearshistory.com/sidelines/chicagohoneybears.aspx

I ran into this and found it interesting... I guess I knew it, but really wanted to confirm the McCaskey's killed it off...not Papa Bear. Dang do I dislike that family...

We should start a petition to bring back the Honey Bears!

Grouchy, any ideas? ;)

I ran into this and found it interesting... I guess I knew it, but really wanted to confirm the McCaskey's killed it off...not Papa Bear. Dang do I dislike that family...

Grouchy, any ideas? ;)

I wrote asking about this travesty and I had no response. I even volunteered my services as head consultant and judge. Go figure ! I even told them I knew of some fine individuals from this site who could help like yourself.

A travesty indeed! Let's await the feedback here and see how we should proceed!

I wrote asking about this travesty and I had no response. I even volunteered my services as head consultant and judge. Go figure ! I even told them I knew of some fine individuals from this site who could help like yourself.

never gonna happen....For one we have a cold weather outdoor stadium and for 2 the McCaskeys will never bring them back....the problem with the organization is that they are only concerned with making money...however much PR a cheerleading squad would provide the bears it wont make them anymore money...

Cold weather matters not! The Eagles, Redskins and freakin' pat's all have 'em! I do agree the McCaskey's won't allow it... What crud...

never gonna happen....For one we have a cold weather outdoor stadium and for 2 the McCaskeys will never bring them back....the problem with the organization is that they are only concerned with making money...however much PR a cheerleading squad would provide the bears it wont make them anymore money...

Grouchy, any ideas? ;)

hi MadLithuanian,

I wouldnt want to bring them back,they would be past there sell by date by now...LOL

but I'm all for have a younger version ..maybe call them the "Horny Bears" :headbang

anything better than what we have now...

staley_mugshot.jpg

I actually went to high school with one of the last Honey Bears and think that Mickey McCaskey was an idiot back then for removing them from the team because he felt that they distracted from the team. Any way to get the ladies to return to reaffirm that we are the best franchise, I am all for it. Let me know.

Ha! Too true! It's liike Menudo! Constantly change in the old with new!

hi MadLithuanian,

I wouldnt want to bring them back,they would be past there sell by date by now...LOL

but I'm all for have a younger version ..maybe call them the "Horny Bears" :headbang

anything better than what we have now...

staley_mugshot.jpg

I have a friend who I watch games w/. He is in the media, and actually knows quite a few people on the team, as well as others around the league. I always give him grief because he is/was tight w/ Wanny. He has actually sat and had dinner w/ members of the McCaskey family. Anyway, he has always said Virginia is the driving force. Basically, while Halas said the girls would be around as long as he lived, I get the sense the opposite is true w/ Virginia. The girls are out as long as she lives. When Virginia dies (God forbid), that will be the ultimate test I suppose.

By the way. Last Bear SB was the final season of the Honey Bears. Maybe Ryan leaving and all the other reasons mentioned are not way we didn't repeate, and have stunk since. Maybe it is a Honey Bears curse.

Interesting! Well, I'm happy to wait as long as it takes... But maybe I can be so inspired to start an on-line petition regardless. We'll see...the odds are about as good as Miami winning the Sb this year.

Ha! You never know!

I have a friend who I watch games w/. He is in the media, and actually knows quite a few people on the team, as well as others around the league. I always give him grief because he is/was tight w/ Wanny. He has actually sat and had dinner w/ members of the McCaskey family. Anyway, he has always said Virginia is the driving force. Basically, while Halas said the girls would be around as long as he lived, I get the sense the opposite is true w/ Virginia. The girls are out as long as she lives. When Virginia dies (God forbid), that will be the ultimate test I suppose.

By the way. Last Bear SB was the final season of the Honey Bears. Maybe Ryan leaving and all the other reasons mentioned are not way we didn't repeate, and have stunk since. Maybe it is a Honey Bears curse.